None of my Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras will charge their batteries

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Stelgim
Follower
Follower

It's been going on for over a year with them being hard to charge, kind of felt like some eletronic part was loose (USB?). It took effort to charge 1 camera so much that I decided to give up on one.

Now, after having had trouble for over a month trying to USB charge them. With the original cables. They don't respond to the charging at all, sometimes they flicker blue when I stick them in but then goes silent - was no reaction on the settings either, it was either still at 1% or 0. So I decided to first restart each of them using the function available, but it did not work. I then went ahead and removed each camera to then try to add them again. But of course with no way of charging them it seems like that was a stupid idea, it also ruined what archive I had left.

I tried to find an email I could contact, but this is the first time I've seen a company have no reachable email or phone number, the chat bot is useless and only told me about European laws and linked me to my country's "arlo website", which had the exact same stuff as the main website. Since I've paid for this and last month with my camera's not really being useable, I canceled the subscription until I get this sorted.

I would love to have the problem solved, so that I can get my security camera's back up working.

Is there perhaps a faulty battery on mine? The website I bought the cameras from said they should work in "extreme" weather. Anywhere that I can send them in for inspection if needed? Or do I need new USB cables?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stelgim wrote:

I canceled the subscription until I get this sorted.

Phone and chat support requires a subscription, so this was probably not the right move.

However, the subscription doesn't actually expire until the end of the payment period.

@Stelgim wrote:

I tried to find an email I could contact, but this is the first time I've seen a company have no reachable email or phone number, the chat bot is useless and only told me about European laws and linked me to my country's "arlo website", which had the exact same stuff as the main website.

You need to use the support center in the app.  Phone support is probably a better option than chat.

@Stelgim wrote:

It's been going on for over a year with them being hard to charge, kind of felt like some eletronic part was loose (USB?). It took effort to charge 1 camera so much that I decided to give up on one.

Now, after having had trouble for over a month trying to USB charge them.

Did you have the Arlo Secure Plus subscription, or only Arlo Secure?  I believe that Arlo Secure Plus (in Europe ony) gives you an extra year of warranty.  Othewise the warranty is one year.

I see that the original cable isn't working - have you tried a different one?  Also, have you tried a different charger?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stelgim wrote:

I canceled the subscription until I get this sorted.

Phone and chat support requires a subscription, so this was probably not the right move.

However, the subscription doesn't actually expire until the end of the payment period.

@Stelgim wrote:

I tried to find an email I could contact, but this is the first time I've seen a company have no reachable email or phone number, the chat bot is useless and only told me about European laws and linked me to my country's "arlo website", which had the exact same stuff as the main website.

You need to use the support center in the app.  Phone support is probably a better option than chat.

@Stelgim wrote:

Now, after having had trouble for over a month trying to USB charge them.

Did you have the Arlo Secure Plus subscription, or only Arlo Secure?  I believe that Arlo Secure Plus (in Europe ony) gives you an extra year of warranty.  Othewise the warranty is one year.

I see that the original cable isn't working - have you tried a different one?  Also, have you tried a different charger?