Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Non-Responsive Camera

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
CoryOBrien
Follower
Follower

I replaced the batteries in my camera, and now it's non-responsive, and won't reconnect to the base station. I've tried taking the batteries back out and putting them back in again, and holding the Sync button to see if it would reset, and nothing happens. There are no lights on the camera at all. Is there any way to force a camera reset?

16 REPLIES 16
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening CoryObrien,

There is no official way to reset the camera. However, I'll send you a personal message with a few troubleshooting tips to try. If you are not able to recover the camera we may need to open a support case to initiate the RMA process.

Be in touch soon!

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
roldgold
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you send me the same trouble shooting tips please?

Thank  you

Jkundomom
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same issue. No lights with fully charged batteries. Not able to sync. If this is a known issue, why the private responses v public post?
Farle1066
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased and having difficulty with preview from camera. No picture in app. iOS app. It is picking up motion and adding to library but cannot review anything at all. On camera position setup also no picture. I'm on holiday tomorrow and though this system would be quick and easy to set up in time for that. Any help/suggestions appreciated.

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Farle1066,

To help us better understand and investigate what you are experiencing kindly provide the information requested below:

1. What is the model of your iOS device?
  2. What version of iOS do you have?
  3. Have you tried to view content in the library through another client (PC, Android device)?
  4. Could you take a screenshot of what you are seeing?
  5. What is the upload speed of your Internet connection? (This could be seen by going to Speedtest.net)

I'm looking forward to your response.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
mhop
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to sync my two cameras with the base station, one at a time.The blue light does not blink on the camera.  The green light on the base station blinks for a while and then turns off. A technician put the batteries in and mounted the cameras. He told me that the Geek Squad is not allowed to do more.

I'm using my iphone 4, my MacOSX 10.7.5, and my iPad version 8.4.1, purchased in 2012. I followed all of the directions . I don't know what the problem is.

Is there any phone support? Please help me solve this.

mhop

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Click on the Support link at the top right of this page to get to various forms of support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mhop,

Welcome to the community! If you do not get any LED indicator on the camera please consider power cycling the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. I would also advise checking to make sure the batteries were inserted correctly. If you would prefer phone support, navigate to the link in the top right as suggested by @jguerdat or click the following link: Arlo Support Center

Please let us know the results!

JamesC

cindim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the nonresponsive camera for two .. maybe three weeks now.  I hope someone can get arlo customer service to actually do something.  They are still wasting my time going back and forth about the stupid batteries.  The thing isn't working no matter what batteries you put in it?  Anyone else have issues with customer service ????     This is ridicoulous.   If something happens to my home while they are messing around I hope to take them to small claims court for the lack of action on their part.  There is a reason why I purchased a security camera and it wasn't to watch my dog during the day. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cindim,

Welcome to the community! I am sorry for the frustration this issue has caused you. I see that you currently have a case open with support. I encourage you to continue working with support and post the results once you have reached a resolution with this case. Thank you!

Regards,

JamesC

Jorgemb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Sirs :

I have the same problem with one of my cameras ive tryed many times changing the batteries and still the same ....no light !!! at all ,please what can I do to fix this problem I brougth this system to Lima Peru Where I Live ,

RonLee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have a non-reponsive camera. I just recieved an Arlo system for Christmas and it had two cameras. The first one synced up with no problems. The second one doesn't do anything - no blue lights, nothing. I've tried changing the batteries. Any ideas?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jorgemb, RonLee

If after having tried fresh batteries the camera still displays no LED when attempting to sync this could indicate a defective camera.

Please contact the  Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Lalibums
Aspirant
Aspirant

having issues with camera.  just changed the batteries.  no lights and cannot do anything with it to connect as there are no lights. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A semi-common issue is not putting the batteries in properly.  Check the battery cavity to verify proper orientation and that the door closes properly.  Could also be bad batteries - swap with another set if possible.  Otherwise, it may be a bad camera - use the Support link at the top to open a case for additional help and a possible RMA.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lalibums,

Are you still having an issue with your camera after attempting the above troubleshooting suggestions? Please let us know the results!

JamesC