Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Jmpreston73
Tutor
Tutor
Please help. I’ve been on chat with tech support for 45 min and no help. Any Arlo video I’ve uploaded to Facebook from the Arlo app or straight Feom my phone has no audio volume. They have volume in the app and ion my phone. Just not ionce posted to Facebook. The video plays but no sound. Any other videos (non-Arlo) play fine uploaded to Facebook. Thank you!!!
14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and d/l a video to a computer and test , then upload from computer to FB ( not via phone ) and see if the results are the same... It may be FB is reading the meta-data of the mp4 files and not playing correctly ( have seen this with other prgms and not playing back correctly )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jmpreston73,

As TomMac mentions, do you still experience the same behavior after downloading the video first? Please let us know.

JamesC

Jmpreston73
Tutor
Tutor
What do you mean d/I a video? Today I downloaded straight from Arlo to my desk top and posted on Favebook and still no volume. I emailed myself the video from my phone to the computer and that didn’t work. Either, no volume. The videos play great, just not once sent to Facebook. All other videos from recordings on my phone upload and work fine in Facebook. Any suggestions? I bought the cameras to record and load on social media. Thank you so much.
Jmpreston73
Tutor
Tutor
Today I downloaded straight from Arlo to my desk top and posted on Favebook and still no volume. I emailed myself the video from my phone to the computer and that didn’t work. Either, no volume. The videos play great, just not once sent to Facebook. All other videos from recordings on my phone upload and work fine in Facebook. Any suggestions? I bought the cameras to record and load on social media. Thank you so much.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jmpreston73,

I've tested this and had no issues uploading Arlo video to facebook with sound. Take a look here for a discussion on common device issues that could cause this behavior: I can't get sound on my Facebook videos!!!

JamesC

Hotcars101
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the exact same issue! From my iPhone 8, I’m unable to upload a video to Facebook I’ve downloaded from Arlo with audio. All volume settings are up! Bluetooth is off. This is so annoying. Why would this not be more user friendly. I want to share audio of the criminal at my door!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hotcars101,

Have you tried using a pc to get the video uploaded to facebook?

ebuhrendorf
Star
Star
I have the same issue too. Downloading/saving video to iphone 8 plus then posting to Facebook, the audio does not work on the Facebook posted video.
Hotcars101
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, because it’s 2019 and this should work! Tried again today for another video and it still doesn’t work.
ebuhrendorf
Star
Star
Still doesn’t work
Lizzielou64
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone figured this out yet? I have no sound on the Facebook upload but can hear just fine when watching from iPhone’s photos app
debwillia
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having this issue with IPhone X.
jbaker50
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is frustrating as it should not be this hard not to have sound on your videos that you post to Facebook.  I have completed the task directly from my phone to Facebook (no luck).  Then I downloaded on PCU (sound) to email (sound) to phone (sound) to Facebook (no sound) Has anyone figured it out.

jbaker50
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot get this to work when I click on it.  Just says the link may have been removed.  Not working