Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No status of my cameras, cannot watch live

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
APB83
Guide
Guide

No status of my cameras, cannot watch live and get the error "failed to connect to the media server"!!

This system is becoming a joke! For what we paid for it, this is below standard and unacceptable! RIP OFF!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
APB83
Guide
Guide

Got home and rebooted the base station and now it's working. Couldn't reboot remotely as wouldn't obtain the status!

I tried by iPhone and web, neither worked.

Always something up with it! I got cctv for piece of mind, but having no cctv all afternoon, really great!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Arlo isn't down for me.  no problem with live view of cams nor of accessing my recordings.

Suggests the problem might be with your cam, base station, internet or access device.

If accessing via phone have yoiu tried via pc; if pc trying dfferent browser? or phone?

APB83
Guide
Guide

Got home and rebooted the base station and now it's working. Couldn't reboot remotely as wouldn't obtain the status!

I tried by iPhone and web, neither worked.

Always something up with it! I got cctv for piece of mind, but having no cctv all afternoon, really great!

manfredz
Hero
Hero

could be a problem with the Arlo but could also have been caused by an internet outtage at your home. Can you rule that out?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A possible workaround is to use a remote access switch such as a WeMo. That way you can use the WeMo app to operate the switch to power cycle the base. This issue happens from time to time when a power glitch occurs, leaving the base in an unknown state. A UPS for the modem, router and base helps fly through this, too, and is useful for other reasons, too (we lost power a donor years ago during the Super Bowl and the neighbors were able to use my WiFi to continue watching).

Not saying that a power outage or glitch did happen, it's just a possibility.

APB83
Guide
Guide

No power outage or internet issues. My router has been connected solidly for days.

Just one of those things. But I'm loosing confidence in this system.