Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
craigingham88
Tutor
Tutor
My Arlo cameras have stopped recording in the library. I get motion notifications but no video recordings at all. Why have these stopped as nothing has changed on my end?
17 REPLIES 17
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@craigingham88 wrote:
My Arlo cameras have stopped recording in the library. I get motion notifications but no video recordings at all. Why have these stopped as nothing has changed on my end?

Newer cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) require a subscription for cloud recording. If you purchased about 3 months ago, then likely your trial subscription expired.

If you need to follow up, please include your camera model(s), base station (if you use one), and your subscription status.

craigingham88
Tutor
Tutor
Camera is original Arlo, model is H7 I think, bought in July 2019. Base station is VMB3010r2 according to app. I have never had a subscription that I’m aware of so not sure why the recordings have stopped.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@craigingham88 wrote:
Camera is original Arlo, model is H7 I think, bought in July 2019. Base station is VMB3010r2 according to app. I have never had a subscription that I’m aware of so not sure why the recordings have stopped.

There have been some other reports on this for older cameras - so it looks like there's an issue that Arlo neds to fix.

craigingham88
Tutor
Tutor
Hopefully something they fix soon as they don’t really do the job if there is no recording whatsoever!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue?

craigingham88
Tutor
Tutor
Yes the issue is still there
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

craigingham88
Tutor
Tutor
I have basically just tried turning the base station on and off again and that is pretty much it. Not sure where else to go with it. What do you suggest?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@craigingham88

Do you have an Arlo Smart Subscription or Secure plan?

craigingham88
Tutor
Tutor
No but I have the first arlo camera which I believe should have 7 day free recordings and certainly used to as I have never had a subscription
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@craigingham88

Can you try removing and reinstalling the camera to your base station?

craigingham88
Tutor
Tutor
Still seeing the same issue
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is occurring on all your original wire free camera correct? 

craigingham88
Tutor
Tutor
Correct, happens on all cameras. I get a notification of motion and there is a notification on the library section but no recordings when I go in to view
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you see your library videos over the web portal on a PC or laptop?

craigingham88
Tutor
Tutor
Just checked and yes I can see the recordings on the web portal
craigingham88
Tutor
Tutor
Have just re-installed app again and they appear to have come back on the app now too. Fingers crossed that is the issue solved!