Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
writchie0330
Aspirant
Aspirant

Within the last hour, I have lost the ability to watch live. In addition, no recorded videos are shown for today. I still keep getting "motion" notices, and it does appear to be recording. I tried rebooting my base station. Still not working properly,

28 REPLIES 28
Jodelynn75
Tutor
Tutor
Same thing happened to mine today been going on for 2 hours now
Evan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem, went through the same troubleshooting to include resetting my whole home network.
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Community members,

We've recently identified an issue on the Arlo System where Live Streaming is not working and may be prompting an error message regarding the media server and/or streaming services.

Our engineering team is diligently working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Due to the nature of this matter, we don't have an estimate as to when we will have a resolution.

We will continue to provide updates as we work through the issue.

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I think it's fixed now.. Am able to stream live view but it takes a couple of tappings/clicks on Play button.. Not perfect but it's working.. 

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No it's not fixed. I have live stream this morning, I'm getting alerts but nothing is going to the library. This is starting to become a normal occurrence since the last update. Net gear fix these **bleep** problems. This is getting old.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

working fine in NY

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I'm in New York as well. Just came back up. All previous library items gone but what else is new.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

all 100% here, no loss of vids at any time.

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Well it was good for the half hour it worked. Once again it takes an act of God to stream the cameras ( up to 10 attempts) and the 2 alerts I just got did not go to library. It is what it is I give up.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Same here.. Takes several clicks/taps on play button to stream and a few recordings not showing up in the Library.... It's only been a month or less since fixed and here we are again.. 

mountaindewbass
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm not sure if this is related to this or not...but now my cameras are picking up motion but not recording the motion. Ive not changed any of the rules or anything..they just stopped working
writchie0330
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still having issues today. We've had this system a little over a week, with no problems until yesterday. After reading so many similar issues, I'm debating returning it for a different system. 

Appple
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. Had the system for a little over a month, worked well, bought a second system for parents, both stopped working yesterday, no sign of working soon. Will return the second system (last day to return), hope they fix the problem soon. Someone mentioned the problem happened before, can anyone confirm that, it's a security system, you really need it to work right!!!
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community,

Thank you for your feedback! I have asked our engineering team to investigate this issue further as we believed the original issue to have been resolved yesterday after a short period of time.

I'll post another update as soon as it becomes available!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not having any such problems although I note that a few times trying to activate live view took a couple of tries - first attempt would spin for a minute and then go back to the arrow icon.  Logging out and back in seemed to help but it may also have been the pahse of the moon.  Coincidentally (?), I had problems streaming a movie from Amazon yesterday - big times of no data.  Since Amazon is the cloud server being used, I wonder if it's an Amazon issue?  Just guessing - things seem ok at the moment.

Jody
Luminary
Luminary

I received three alerts yesterday. When I logged in there was no video....The cameras indicate there is motion, and they are recording video....Red camera icon...In addition I experienced times when I would click for live video, and it wouldn't show me the video. Would sit there a few minutes and then show the play arrow icon again. Cell phone signal was full strength...

Jody
Luminary
Luminary

Forgot to mention I power cycled Arlo and my Router/Modem.. I'm on cable and utilize a Netgear C-6300.

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi Jody,

Thank you for your feedback! This issue is recurring and I will check it again with our engineering team to further investigate.

I'll post an update as soon as I hear feedback from them.

Kind regards,

Brian L

Arlo Team

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

<I'm not having any such problems although I note that a few times trying to activate live view took a couple of tries - first attempt would spin for a minute and then go back to the arrow icon.>

not often but like once every few times.... same issue, must click twice to get it to start, no other problems after started tho.

Donaldmp
Aspirant
Aspirant

The recording of video stopped on 6/27 and part of 6/28.  I really needed to see and download the video on 6/28/15 about 6:30 p.m. as a guy came in our restaurant and messed up our bathroom.  I need to download and print a photo of this guy so the employees don't allow him in again.  Just when I need it, it dosn't work.  How can I have a security system that breakes when I need it.  Thankfully, I wasn't being robbed.  I would have no data to give the police.

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same thing happening right now. Alerts but not live streaming.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JustLearning,

What do you mean by "Alerts but not live streaming"? Are you getting an error when trying to initiate a live stream? Is new content coming into your library from motion detection events?

Please provide more detail on the issue.

JamesC

peace327
Aspirant
Aspirant

I HAVE BEEN GETTING THE SAME THING, MOTION DETECT WILL SOMETIMES BE IN THE LIBRARY BUT LIVE VIDEO ALMOST NEVER WORKS, SOMETIMES IT WILL FLASH ON FOR 3 -4 SECONDS THEN FREEZE, SOMETIMES I GET A GRAY SCREEN, SOMETIMES I GET 3 APPERAING AND DISAPPEARING CIRCLES, I HAVE CHANGED BATTERIES, MOVED CAMERA, AND RESET AND RESYNCED STILL NO LIVE VIDEO, GETTING FRUSTRATED

FW VER1.7.3_5005

HW VER VMB3010r2

peace327
Aspirant
Aspirant

after long live chat with Kathleen I turned off modem router and base and restarted and all is well ty kathleen!