Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jody
Luminary
Luminary

Has anyone made the move to other products...For the last two months anytimg i try to connect to live video, No connection..I have to try several times....I addition when i do conncet, it always throws an alert that a camera started recording..Needless to say there was no reason for the camera to trip....My back camera trips like crazy until I turn it dont to 50% sensetivity..Then it catches nothing....If I set it betewwn 60 and 70 it trips every five minutes...Motion not required....

I'm starting to think it is time to move on...

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jody,

It sounds like there could be a connection issue between the base station and the cameras if you are intermittently seeing that error message when attempting to live stream. Consider (temporarily) moving the camera closer to the base station (within a few feet) and test again to see if you still see the same error message.

With the camera that is false triggering, you might need to try a different location for the camera. Relocate the camera and see if you still get the same results.

JamesC

Jody
Luminary
Luminary

One of the cameras is line of sight 10 feet from base....Say connection issue as the camera which is outside and 45 feet from base.....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jody,

Is your base station near any other WiFi devices that could be causing interference? Does moving the base station to a different location result in the same issue?

JamesC

Jody
Luminary
Luminary

It is in the next room....I tried to move to back bedroom....Same issue

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jody.

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

mcm749
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get alerts, but I cannot access the cameras as it says  "timed out"  The cameras have been in the same place for about s month and this problem jsut started this week.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base. Also try both the app and 1-2 browsers.