Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No cameras will connect to hub-Arlo original battery operated cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pyrran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hub Firmware 1.17.0.0_1180_6ba79e5

Hub Hardware VMB3010r2

Camera Firmware 1.5.295

Camera Hardware H7

All four cameras just went offline for no reason.

Rebooted the hub and it is connected to the internet and I can see it in my router table.

Tried to sync a camera-no response

Tried replacing batteries-blue light on camera blinked once

What is my next step?  I've never had a problem with these until now.  They usually work flawlessly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pyrran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info!

I replaced ALL the batteries in all 5 cameras and re-synced them one at a time to the hub.

I still don't know what happened to cause this.  Glitch in the matrix?

Anyway, I'm back up and running.  Sadly, I missed recording a failed porch pirate attempt.

As soon as they opened the box and discovered nothing but dog food, they lost intrest!

Thanks for all your help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you have any other arlo devices newer than pro2 on your account, maybe the subscription ended.
Have you tried placing a camera near the base station and do a manual resync?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing?

Sometimes it's just best to reset the system and start fresh, which can save a lot of time and anguish. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot to green power and Internet LEDs and start as if new. Note all settings, modes, rules, schedule, etc. before doing this to speed the rebuild.

Pyrran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info!

I replaced ALL the batteries in all 5 cameras and re-synced them one at a time to the hub.

I still don't know what happened to cause this.  Glitch in the matrix?

Anyway, I'm back up and running.  Sadly, I missed recording a failed porch pirate attempt.

As soon as they opened the box and discovered nothing but dog food, they lost intrest!

Thanks for all your help!

Pyrran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appreciate the suggestion.  All I have or original cameras.

I plan on buying a snazzy new system when I win the lottery.  (darn, that new stuff is expensive)

After replacing batteries and doing a re-sync with the hub, I'm back up and running.

Thanks for the reply!

Dannybear
Master
Master
While there are many reasons for issues like this occur, they do seem to be isolated and unexplained. Maybe it was just your turn like many others. It would be nice to see a cross referenced table of different fault types, descriptions and knowledge base links to manage them.