Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No blue light on Arlo after changing batteries.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mganter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Batteries were low changed batteries put in new Bartteries get a blue light but when I press sync nothing no light at all 

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Check you've inserted the batteries in the correct orientation. You shouldn't need to press Sync again. The blue LED should flash a few seconds after the battery door is closed when you've got fresh batteries in with good contacts. Also check the contacts in the camera for corrosion or other reasons why there's not a complete circuit. Also, check your 'new' batteries aren't flat

Mganter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that and nothing. So I deleted the entire camera and tried to add it back but again no blue light when I press sync. Blue light does come on for couple seconds when I put the new batteries in. I can figure it out. Called the Netgear and spoke to someone who kept putting me on hold who said the camera is corrupt because I didn’t but some internet security pacakage from them for $149 a year what a scam. I took batteries out of one of my other cameras and put the ones in I just bought and it worked fine. Just for some reason this camera won’t show the blue light when I try to sync it. It was actually working fine but battery said 7% left so I changed them and now all this. I read so many other posts with same type issues when replacing batteries it was sad. Maybe I just go with a different company. No one seems to have any answers my entire system is less than 6 months old. Thanks for your help I just wish I could get it to work. It makes my head hurt trying to figure out why it just stopped working again thanks and if you or anyone has thoughts love to hear them. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you didn't contact Netgear support but rater Googled some bogus site. Use the Contact Support at the bottom here and again on the new page.

Mganter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry don’t see anything posted on the bottom and pretty sure it’s was the right number I called. Thanks for your help 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

What number did you call? Where did you find the number?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and then again on the new page.