Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Twincam47
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have full screen viewing capabilty when viewing live but do not have full screen on recorded videos. Whats the problem?

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Double-headed arrows in lower right area of the videos when viewing.

Twincam47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah yah....I know that.....but it doesnt get full screen.

iapodaca73
Star
Star

Twincam47,

I found that when using IE that my full screen seems to work just perfect when selecting the arrows on the lower right corner of the video.  Now when I use FireFox it seems that it just wont go into a full screen mode by clicking on the arrows in the lower corner.  But if you start to play the video and while it starts to play right click on the video and a menu will open up, from that menu select "Full Screen"  and it should go into a full screen mode.  If this is the case it might be  Permissions issue with this page.  Now if your using a different Browser let me know which one or what version and I might be able to give you a hand with settings for that browser.

Option Menu:

full screen.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's interesting.  I normally use Chrome so just tried FF and it works like you say.  It switches the whole FF window to full screen instead of just the video.  Yes, you have to be actually playing the video to be able to switch to full screen but FF isn't doing what's expected.

iapodaca73
Star
Star

jguerdat,

Yeah it seems to work fine in Chrome and IE but FireFox is having issues with this,  I know that they had been having issues with Flash videos and Full screen where they wanted you to disable Hardware Acceleration or even update your graphics drives.  But it wasn't until a recent update that this actually started to have issues in FireFox. 

Here is the link to the FireFox issues and resolution, but it never did work for me I just keep using Chrome.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-videos-wont-play-full-screen

By the way for anyone that does us FF then when going into full screen mode by right clicking the playing video, you might not see any way of controlling the video in full screen.  If this is the case just right click once again and there is an option to show the controls so you can go replay or move forwards or backward at your own pace.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not a Flash thing since I can watch library videos on my tablet using Chrome which doesn't have Flash built-in. Full-screen works fine this way so it's something other than Flash (unless something under the hood detects the presence of Flash and causes a change in operation).

iapodaca73
Star
Star

Jguerdat,

I noticed that I am able to view with my iPad as well,  so I felt that there was no flash happening as well.  But when I looked under the hood of the actual page on FireFox I show a few flash instances.  I cannot say it is due to the issue related in the link or post I put up before but it almost seems to fit the same scenario, it almost looks like a permissions/ setting issue somewhere. I am not to worried since I am like you I use Chrome,  but am very curious why all other browsers are okay with it except FireFox.

FireFox page info when looking at cams:

flash.PNG

iapodaca73
Star
Star

Jguerdat,

Well it seems that since the last update Netgear/Arlo put out now the full screen mode in firefox using the arrows on the lower right corner are now working.  Can you verify this as well?

Thanks

Iapodaca73

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not on the computer at the moment bug FF on Android works fine. Didn't try it before so I don't know if it's fixed. Since I'm on the deck drinking chocolate martinis it's not likely I'm gonna check soon.  😄