Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Nighthawk M1 router drains Arlo wirefree batteries

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Robyn23
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo wirefree system that was running using the Arlo base station connected to my ADSL2 modem. Because we are somewhat remote the ADSL speeds and reliability was poor. Telstra ( our internet supplier) suggested we change to a nighthawk M1 router on the 4G network.
I have connected my cameras directly to the nighthawk and am no longer using the Arlo base station.
Previously when the cameras were connected to the base station we got 4 months plus battery life.
Connected to the nighthawk we get 7-10 days battery life!
Nothing else has changed. The batteries are the same brand from the same source. The amount of motion detection is the same with the cameras. The only difference is the connection to the nighthawk rather than the base station.
We tried to connect the base station to the nighthawk but the Ethernet port doesn’t recognize the base station.
Has anyone had this problem and if so did you manage to find a solution?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The base should see the etherent port and then work as it did in the past...

If you have a wifi extender running off the hotspot that has a port try that.

The Battery drain issue has been mentioned in past... it has to do with running directly from the M1 Hotspot and staying up 100% of time... if the base is powered the cameras don't have to keep looking for the base ( as it is always up ) and use less power.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------