Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night vision only records half the screen

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bvalley
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: It seems like the problem is with my computer's playback, for some reason... not the cameras. I was trying to watch a Vimeo video and the playback was doing the same thing. If anyone has solutions for THAT, let me know!

###

I just installed a 5 camera Arlo system, and during the day the picture is great. However, at night I noticed that all the cameras only correctly record a little over half of the image, and the other half is very digitized and/or stretched (making it unusable). I've tried turning off all the light sources so that every room is consistently dark, and that didn't help.

Also, sometimes when I play back the recording the screen goes all green, and when the picture comes back, it is 1/4 size in the upper left corner.

Has anyone seen this problem before, and is there a solution?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be as "simple" as the video driver - check for driver updates.  What software are you using to view videos?  Have you tried VLC (free)?

bvalley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm just streaming the video in my web browser (Chrome). I havn't tried with another browser, though, so will try that. What driver might I need to update? Thank you!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would be the video card driver. You can check both the OS update web site as well as the video card (or chipset) manufacturer to see if there's an update. Try the different browser first, though.