Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night vision mode not working

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Vulcan24
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, i have one camera where i cant get the night vision mode to work. Tried turning off and on but nothing seems to work.

14 REPLIES 14
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Any chance in that cams settings night vision is turned off?

Vulcan24
Tutor
Tutor
Night mode is switched on but not working
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try to reset camera by opening and closing battery door... test in dark room ( the ir will glow slightly reddidsh around lens )

Toggle off the Night vison and SAVE, turn back on and SAVE.

If the above doesn't fix the issue, contact Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Vulcan24
Tutor
Tutor
Tried all that. Before posting. Will try support unless any other ideas.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vulcan24,

What is indicating that it isn't working? Are you seeing total darkness at night when live streaming? Do you see the faint red glow of the IR LEDS when initiating a live stream while the camera is in darkness?

JamesC

Vulcan24
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James, I get just about total darkness when I go live and also when motion activated recording. I will check for the red glow tonight.
laura69furr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me too!  Started a few weeks ago.  Nothing works to resolve.  Heard any other ideas?  Mine posts in a breezeway at an apartment complex and goes totally dark at sundown until the breezeway light comes on.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

laura69furr,

Check the camera settings and make sure the night vision toggle is enabled. Are you able to see the glow of the IR leds at night on the face of the camera?

JamesC

laura69furr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes and yes. Always enabled and lights show when there is movement. It just stopped working in the dark in til there is a light source. It films but totally black.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

laura69furr,

Consider removing the camera from Settings > My Devices > select desired camera > Remove Device. Reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door and then resync the camera to your base station. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

VVirginia
Aspirant
Aspirant
I noticed i no longer can edit mode for cameras on my smart phone WHY??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I do it all the time. What phone and OS/version? Have you tried logging out and back in and/or restarting your phone? How about using a browser? It's also possible that restarting the base may help.

VVirginia
Aspirant
Aspirant
I use to do everything from my phone now i can't I've restated removed the app reloaded. Samsung note 5. It's odd when they said we couldn't use the app feature 1 day well now i can't do much but view it's terrible
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Works here so it's a local issue with your device, not the app. You may need to factory reset the Note 5 if restarting it and reinstalling the app doesn't help.