Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Vision and battery usage

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BenF12400
Star
Star

Do peole leave the night vision setting on at all times? And if so, does it decrease battery life? We don't have much activity at both residences I have set up the Arlo Wireless, so it doesn't have to record very often, but I was wondering if I should leave the night vision mode on full-time or just turn it on at night (if I remember to do so).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the night vision uses more power when on... ( almost about double )... BUT, remember that this only occurs when they are ON and the camera is actually recording ( or live view at night  )at night... In the day, if there is enough light (color mode ) they don't turn on.

In the end, if you want to see in the dark leave them on, If you have external lighting that is bright enough, you could turn them off...do a simple night time live view to see how it looks without...( my are always on except the on the Q that is up against glass , it would reflect back )

choice is yours.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the night vision uses more power when on... ( almost about double )... BUT, remember that this only occurs when they are ON and the camera is actually recording ( or live view at night  )at night... In the day, if there is enough light (color mode ) they don't turn on.

In the end, if you want to see in the dark leave them on, If you have external lighting that is bright enough, you could turn them off...do a simple night time live view to see how it looks without...( my are always on except the on the Q that is up against glass , it would reflect back )

choice is yours.

Morse is faster than texting!
BenF12400
Star
Star

Thanks - that's what I suspected