Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Vision Too Dark

Discussion stats
ericmcgovern
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ran into an interesting problem last night...

Walked onto my patio, which triggered the camera at about 9:30 last night. I looked up at it, and saw all the of LED's come on. For the heck of it, I took a look at the picture and realized it was nearly pitch black and wouldn't be usefull if I was attempting to catch a real event. 

So I got up on my ladder and started looking at the camera, which of course triggered it agian and the image was again nearly all black. After not seeing anything wrong with the camera, I got off the stool and walked away, which again triggered it. However, this time the picture is what I am used to seeing. I could clearly see my patio and everythong on it. Nothing changed about the lighting or positioning This caused me to look at all my cameras, and I noticed another one was having the "nearly black" issue. I messed around with, but never could get it to snap into actual "nigh vision". I have posted a before and after image, hopefully someone can give advice. 

Too Dark

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 1.15.11 PM.png

VS

Just Right

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 1.15.32 PM.png

51 REPLIES 51
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What update?  App or camera/base?  What version?

beershaun
Tutor
Tutor

It resolved the problem when I pulled the battery and reset the camera and base station.