Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Vision Does Not Seem To Toggle Between Good Lighting Conditions And Bad

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RO71
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I've tried turning on the Night Vision function on my camera and saved the selection but inspite of good lighting conditions, it will not Toggle to turn off the Night Vision mode which uses a lot of battery. Is there a work around? I've just change my whole set for a new one already and the problem is still there.
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How are you detecting that night vision is active? The LEDs around the camera lens should only be on when motion is detected and the light level is low.  It would probably be hard to see the LEDs in good light but it should be obvious in darkness.

I suspect your issue isn't related to night vision but to something else.  Let's nail down whether night vision is working properly first and move on to other steps.  Take the camera into a dark room and use the app to toggle night vision as well as usie live view to verify proper operation.

RO71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I've done that as you have suggested.  As to how I track if the night vision comes on even when lighting conditions are good, it can be quite obvious when the lighting conditions are good, as I still see those red led lights illuminate on the surrounding lense of the camera.  I have tried taking out batteries from the camera and leaving it for 3 mintues and putting it back and turning it on again.  Indoors testing doesn't seem to have any probelms, when I turn on the lights and turn off the lights, the Night Vision does toggle in between, but the mintue I place it outdoors, the problem re-occurs.  The ironic thing is that there is a fluroscent light only about 2 feet from where I have postioned the camera for shooting purposes outdoors and it still poses the same problem of not being able to toggel between night vision off and night vision on, instead it records the video with the night vision feature on.  I can only suspect this to be the Wifi signal transmission which has to penetrate the concrete wall aswell as the wooden door to get to my camera.   

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gotta be a bad camera. Create a trouble ticket for a possible RMA.

Demmett
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo at my vacation cabin is completely dark at night but responds in the day...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Demmett,

Check your camera settings to make sure Night Vision is enabled. If you're still having trouble, toggle Night Vision, Save, toggle Night Vision on, Save, and try again.

JamesC