Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
msazone
Luminary
Luminary

Got the new iphone 14 pro and it downloaded Arlo Secure app. The app is a house icon which is different than the one on my old iphone (bird icon) but seem to be the same version.

Login to the new iphone's arlo app and followed the auth process. Have tried via another iphone and via email. Both failing when I hit trust in the new iphone. It's loading then error message as there was a problem trusting this device. Try a...

System (VMB3010r2/H7)

Best answers
55 REPLIES 55
Daggers
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I've recently bought a new iPhone and installed the Arlo Secure app (which was running fine on the old phone).  However, every time I try to add the new phone as a trusted device, it fails with a red banner message across the top of the app page "There's a problem with trusting this device. Try..."

I have other methods set up via my iPad (as a trusted device) and via sms (to 2 numbers) and email, but I don't receive a notification on any of them... 

In the interim I've 'Don't Trust'ed the new phone and can access the app, but there appears to be a persistent bug which I've noted in other older threads is supposed to have been fixed.

Anyone got any insight?

(Running the latest version on Arlo Secure on the latest iOS...)

TIA,

Richard

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you still experiencing this issue? Are you able to provide a screenshot of the error?

JamesC

msazone
Luminary
Luminary

It's an existing issue and been there for a while. Still not working

ref:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/IPhone-14-pro-max-unable-to-add-to-trusted-devices/m-p/1888...

Daggers
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, screen shot attached as requested - please note this is the latest version of the Arlo Secure App, running on iOS 16.1.2 on an iPhone 12.  Thanks, Richard

IMG_0008.jpeg

SingletrackMind
Guide
Guide

I’m having the same problem with a new iPhone 13.

mouser57
Initiate
Initiate

I’m having this same problem. Just bought an iPhone 14 Pro, can’t get Arlo Secure app to trust my phone. Frustrating ! 

gmcfelia
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem.  No issue getting the code, but it will not trust the device.   

gmcfelia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there an Arlo support line that is available or an online chat that is not a "bot"?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gmcfelia wrote:

Is there an Arlo support line that is available or an online chat that is not a "bot"?

Phone support requires a subscription (and you need to use the app to use it).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue. Do you have the latest version of the Arlo Secure app installed (4.0.2)?

JamesC

SingletrackMind
Guide
Guide

Yes, running 4.0.2 and just confirmed that I still can’t trust it.

Efsorenson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having same issue Iphone 14

Daggers
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, 4.0.2. Issue persists. Thanks. 

msazone
Luminary
Luminary

Was on 4.0.1. Just updated to 4.0.2. Still I am unable to add this iPhone 14 Pro to the trust devices list.

ScottR83
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I’m having the same issue with my iPhone 14 and the new Arlo app! Any ideas to resolve?

sweaver79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't get mine to work either. Has this issue been resolved?

Jholdre1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue 

Jholdre1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I enter the verification code and then after it spins for a minute it says device cannot be trusted 

jcat531
Initiate
Initiate

7241B0BC-9BDA-468F-8482-DE41FE265A8F.jpeg

I found this response and it worked for us. Pretty ridiculous. Good luck!

NovaSecure
Initiate
Initiate

@jcat531 Thank you so much for sharing! This worked for me too. Never would’ve thought to try that! I was definitely losing my patience! 

Brettw44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Latest version of Arlo on iPhone 14 pro.  Same issue, Arlo will not trust device.  

Angsak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Clicking do not trust will get you into the app, BUT you will not get notifications when camera is triggered!

jcat531
Initiate
Initiate

The notifications work just fine for me.  Maybe I got lucky….

dmcgavock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep. Don't trust seems to be the "fix". Makes me wonder if the programmer switched the input for the buttons. That would be too easy a fix.