Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New iPhone 13 app will not locate camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
bcracraft
Aspirant
Aspirant

New iPhone 13 app cannot locate base station or camera. I can access them on a browser. But Arlo app with not connect and send alerts. So it's useless.

I have reset the base, re downloaded the app. Any help would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bcracraft wrote:

New iPhone 13 app cannot locate base station or camera. I can access them on a browser. But Arlo app with not connect and send alerts. So it's useless.

I have reset the base, re downloaded the app. Any help would be appreciated. 

Just to be clear:

1. you are logging into the iOS app using the same email address/password as you use on the browser.
  2. that login is successful, and the cameras appear on the device screen.
  3. but you are not receiving alerts.

Is that correct?

When you say it won't connect - do you mean you cannot livestream the cameras?  Or something else.

bcracraft
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same username and password. I can login on the app but can’t find the camera. Can use the web browser fine, login in and finds camera. Since I can’t connect with the app, no alerts. It sees the Base just can't find the device/camera. I have reset both several times. Redownloaded the app. Nothing works.

bcracraft
Aspirant
Aspirant

But it may not be connecting to the base, may be the problem. I can't really tell for sure

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bcracraft wrote:

But it may not be connecting to the base, may be the problem. I can't really tell for sure

If you select "settings", and then "my devices" you should see a list that includes the base.  If you select that, you should see the status of the base.

Maybe also make sure that the app is allowed to use both the local network and cellular data (in the iphone settings).