Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New batteries died in 24 hrs

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DCandJC
Follower
Follower
I put new batteries in my Arlo camera and in 24 hrs they were dead. I even used a voltage meter to check batteries before inserting. My camera must be malfunctioning and somehow utilizing more power than normal. I have had camera for 1 yr and until now it worked fine with no power issues. Can I exchange this camera for a new one ?
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There can be various reasons for quick battery drain - WiFi interference from other wireless devices, poor signal levels due to camera/base postioning, base station turned off, etc.  Tell us about signal level, relative position of the camera relative to the base (walls, etc. that may block signal). Also, the total number of minutes of recording and live viewing all add up and can drain batteries quickly.  You can add up the number of minutes recording in the Library and estimate the time spent live viewing.  ~4-5 minutes TOTAL per day is what will give you spec battery life.

If it turns out that the camera really is defective, you have two choices.  If the system is new enough, you can swap for another system at the store. Otherwise you need to create a trouble ticket using the Support link at the top here and then Contact Support on the right.