Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New base change / new settings default?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I had to swap out a rechargeable battery set today on one camera.

I changed over to OEMs.... but after I noticed a degradged picture when reinstalling.

Went into settings to find 1) the base version has changed ( shouldn't have effected anything with settings ),  2) the video setting had changed to from best video to best battery.

So either when restarting a camera, the video reverts back to the lowest settings (if oem cells ) or it was just a glitch.

Either way, if you change batteries , just be aware of this if your picture looks lower in quality then normal.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC

I couldn't get it to change the settings from Best video  to best battery again... So, i'll just call it a glich , one time thing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TomMac,

I've tested this and my cameras settings remained unchanged after the battery swap. Have you been able to replicate this issue again?

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, was planning to test again today.... had to charge the li-ion to run another test.

Will post the info as I get it, Only repeated ( battery swap ) it once after but no changes noted... at this point it seems it was a one time glitch that settings changed... it was strange as the base was powered the entire time, just was a change of the 3.7 li-ions to 3v oem cells.

Just a wonder if the base version update had 'best battery' as default as it over wrote. ( and I didn't notice it till after battery change due to static picture on live screen )

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC

I couldn't get it to change the settings from Best video  to best battery again... So, i'll just call it a glich , one time thing.