Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Setup, Unable to connect/Email registration confirmation failed

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Piccler
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC - 

I am still unable to connect, I am setting up a new base for the record.

Additionally, I am unable to confirm my e-mail - it says 'E-Mail confirmation failed:The registration confirmation resend has failed.'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piccler
Tutor
Tutor

Quick Update

I ended up creating a new account on Netgear/Arlo and everything worked immediately so I am going to assume it was a user profile issue. I would like to get the e-mail changed since I used a back-up e-mail that I really don't monitor but for now I can live with it being linked to that as long as the camera works.

Thanks

Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Piccler,

You seem to indicate that you have completed the account creation process if you are attempting to confirm your email address.

What do you mean by "I am still unable to connect"? Are you getting error messages when attempting to stream cameras? Please provide more clarity on the issue you are having.

It may be beneficial for you to consider contacting the Arlo Support Team for additional help. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Piccler
Tutor
Tutor

Opened support ticket: 27468616

Few issues going on here, I purchased Base and 1 Camera setup and have been unsuccessful in getting it operational. Base powers on and I get all proper green lights and it looks like the camera synced to the base without issue.

1. When I try to complete the new system setup, I get to the discover devices and the serial of the base is found correctly but every time I click next I get an error 'We are sorry. The system is experiencing an unexpected issue.'

I have rebooted the base at least 5 times, re-synced the cameras, uninstalled, reinstalled the app and nothing has resolved the issue.

2. I am unable to confirm my e-mail - it says 'E-Mail confirmation failed:The registration confirmation resend has failed.'

I clearly have a user id/password for Netgear since I am posting.

Piccler
Tutor
Tutor

Quick Update

I ended up creating a new account on Netgear/Arlo and everything worked immediately so I am going to assume it was a user profile issue. I would like to get the e-mail changed since I used a back-up e-mail that I really don't monitor but for now I can live with it being linked to that as long as the camera works.

Thanks

Brian

drofnasnhoj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever get the email update resolved? As I'm dealing with the exact same issue. I had setup my account before I got my Arlo, thinking it would speed up the process and allow me to post in the forums.

But now I getting the same "unable to send confirmation email" and "The system is experiencing an unexpected issue".

Guess I will keep creating new accounts until I make a working on. So far not impressed with the system, lets hope it goes better after I create a working account.

Piccler
Tutor
Tutor

I have not been able to consolidate the accounts yet or get the S/N switched over to the proper account. I was extremely frustrated with the whole process, I don' t expect such things to drag out this long with a company of Netgears size but after getting the system up and running I have had no issues. I think you will feel the same once you get the system operational - create the other account and if I get an answer from Netgear I will report back here. Good luck.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

drofnasnhoj,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on the issue you are describing.

Thank you,

JamesC