Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Batteries Drained To 25% In Less Than 24Hrs

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
User7712
Follower
Follower

Installed new batteries and in less than 24 hours is only 25% left. Im starting to had this system. I bought a $25 dollar cam and does the same thing. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?. The only thins is that install battery and went to setting and turned the camera off. But thats it.

3 REPLIES 3
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You can contact support or private message james c . support can be a hassle. I and many others are having the same problem of rapid battery drain. Its probably firmware/software related so not much you can do

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

User7712,

Open the battery compartment door and remove the batteries. Reinsert the batteries, making sure they are inserted correctly. Check the battery level in your app. Do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

suzy123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to find out, as of today if the battery issue that started in may is actually corrected.  I desperately require surveillance of my home and was very pleased with the few months i had the arlo pro until this issue in may. I hung in there for several weeks and when no fix seemed eminent and netgear support did not help or even acknowledge the obvious problem, i had no option but to return my arlo and purchase a swann unit.  Worse problem as i have had nothing but headaches, stress and hours and hours on tech support. I cannot deal with this any longer, (senior already under huge stress requiring in home surveillance in the first place). I would like to get rid of the swann and purchase arlo again. But i am afraid, and have read conflicting posts about whether it is fixed. Please, please someone give me some advise on whether it is safe to purchase arlo again and it will work. I very much appreciate your help as i trust the community more than the company. Thank you very much.