Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo update version 4.10.5 terrible to navigate

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
uruman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello communitty, I have been with ARLO for over 7 years, got 6 bases and many cameras, the new update is horrible to navigate, really bad. For 5 days I have been trying to get help from the cusotmer service and they DO NOT have any idea hoe to resolves several issues that I have like multiple bases, now, each base has to have a different plan, which I bought and don't have a problem but to share with family member is hard, arming the different bases is hard, drop down idea instead of the applicagtion before is not a good idea, after the update ALL the cameras wnet into 1 base instread of 2 and more. Will see if i can fix the issue in the next 48 hours if they call me back, because the Chat is not working, always get a guy names Selvakumar, is really bad. Honestly, bad idea from Arlo and maybe time to move on to RING?

7 REPLIES 7
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

To share cameras you need to make sure that anyone you are sharing with is on the same UI as you. So they would need to show feed and not library. 

Can you explain more about what you are needing assistance with in regards to the bases?

uruman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello BrookeN and thank you for your reply. I'm a user NOT an ARLO customer service or technician. Please can you be more specific about what it is UI ? 

Got 5 cases open regarding this issue, 41575565, 41582719, 41582853, 43788259, 43792103 and NOBODY  is able to help me.

You guys did the upgrade and don't have any idea how the new appl works, in India they're clueless about ALL the features and navigation of the application, really sucks. 

Do you think I'm going to describe the problem again to you??? I already did to several people in the cusomter service dept and got tired of dealing with people that lack knowledge of the new application.

Do you have a phone number to call??, NO lets waist time over chat and emails. Sorry Brooke, there are many other companies that do the same thing like ARLO, tired of dealing with your company BS. 

Clll me if you like, you have all my info, at this time I have 2 plans, I had severals bases but now oyu need a plan for each base and to share to family members you need to talked to half of the India customer service people, good luck , you'l need it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@uruman wrote:

Hello BrookeN and thank you for your reply. I'm a user NOT an ARLO customer service or technician. Please can you be more specific about what it is UI ? 

The app supports two user interfaces (UIs).

One says "Library" at the bottom, the other says "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.  "Feed" is the newer one; eventually everyone will have it.  

When you share your cameras, either both accounts need to show "Library", or both need to show "Feed".

You can move to "Feed", but there is no way to move back.  There are some issues - "Feed" has no custom modes, and some users have had trouble getting scheduling to work.

The way to move to "Feed" is to go to "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera (or the home security system).  You can't finish that, since you don't have the camera.  But the workflow will still migrate you to "Feed".  If you don't see those devices when you go into "add device", then you cannot migrate yourself.  But you could try support again, and tell them you need to move the account to the "Arlo 4.0 experience" with "Feed".

uruman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen B, sorry but hard to understand your explanation. 

Here is the deal:

I have 2 bases, houise #1 and house #2, for each base I do pay an ARLO  plan.

House #1 is shared wit h3 family members and they can see the cameras with no issue

House #2 and here is the deal

under "settings" 

click "people" amd i can see the 3 family members, ALL of them with admin rights

when you clik on "admin" shows ALL my cameras for house #1 and house #2

now, lets go back to the app "dashobard", I have on the drop down menu the 2 houses but my family members don't.

How you fix the issue that y 3 family members can see house #2 and arm and disarm the system?

thanks

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do those family members see the feed or library within their app? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@uruman wrote:

How you fix the issue that y 3 family members can see house #2 and arm and disarm the system?

Start by answering @BrookeN's  question.

Do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in your app?  Or do you see "Library" instead.

Check the other family accounts, and provide the same information.

JohnHMA
Tutor
Tutor

The new UI is the worst "upgrade" I have ever experienced with any software. Ever.  It created a lot of problems, has a huge learning curve, is extremely difficult to navigate and understand, and works erratically.  User support is horrible.  Software for the masses should not be this poorly conceived.  I hope a class-action suit is coming. I am, unfortunately, tied to Arlo because of the investment already made. Arlo was the premium product.  No longer. There are plenty of other choices out there. DO NOT BUY ARLO!. The king is dead. Long live the king.