Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mzm
Guide
Guide

The new Arlo app is only available in the App store (Apple) or on Google Play neither of which work on Kindle Fires so now what?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo app for Amazon devices is now available. You can download the app here: Arlo app for Amazon devices.

We appreciate everyone's patience about this. Feel free to let us know if you're experiencing problems with downloading or installing the Arlo app.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mzm,

You can download the new Arlo app for the Amazon Kindle fire here: New Arlo App on Amazon Kindle Fire

mzm
Guide
Guide

Well that worked on my newer Kindle but not my Kindle HDX 3rd generation.  When I tried to download it Amazon said it wasn't compatible with that Kindle (a non-Alexa one).  So in trying to make something better, you just make it worse for people like me.

mzm
Guide
Guide

Still waiting for a solution for Kindle Fire HDX 3rd generation.  The solution given won't work on that one.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What OS version are you running on your Kindle Fire HDX 3rd generation?

mzm
Guide
Guide

I don't think Kindles have an OS other than Amazon Kindle.  It's and HDX 8.9 3rd generation.  It is completely updated.  Obviously it doesn't run Windows or anything like that.  It will not download Google Play apps or apps from Apple.  The Kindle app on Amazon says ite not compatible with this Kindle.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mzm wrote:

I don't think Kindles have an OS other than Amazon Kindle. 

They run Amazon's Fire OS.  But there is more than one version of that OS.  You can see what you are running using the guide here: https://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7216/~/which-version-of-the-fire-operating-syst...

mzm
Guide
Guide

OK I checked.  My Kindle is running Fire OS 4.5.5.3

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @mzm , I'm looking into this! The original Arlo app you have should continue to allow you to log in for a bit longer though.

mzm
Guide
Guide

Hey, Arlo employee, how are we doing with an app for Kindle Fire 3rd generation HDX running OS 4.5.5.3?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey mzm,

Try checking again to see if you're able to download the app: Arlo on Amazon

mzm
Guide
Guide

OK, I tried again.  Won't download to my Kindle Fire HDX running OS 4.5.3

mzm
Guide
Guide

OK, I tried again.  Won't download to my Kindle Fire HDX running OS 4.5.3

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the heads up. Our team is looking into this. Once we hear any new information/update, we'll be sure to let the community know.

mzm
Guide
Guide

It's getting really annoying not being able to see my cameras - not much security here.  Still waiting for a solution.

Kboldizar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo app opens and then crashes on Kindle 7. I've uninstalled/reinstalled app and I'm not able to get it to load on Kindle.
tlonitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm running Fire OS 5.3.6.4 and recently the Arlo app (version 2.11) would hang after login or if already logged in, it would hang after clicking on the app.  I installed the Arlo app version 2.7 and it works fine.  Don't know what was changed with 2.11, but it doesn't work with my Kindle Fire 7 (5th generation) running OS 5.3.6.4.  Hopefully the Arlo app version 2.7 will continue to work or 2.11 gets fixed. 

JN32189
Initiate
Initiate
Hi All!

I have been using the Arlo app for my Arlo Baby camera with no issues on a Kindle Fire 8 (8th Gen) for months. Since the latest APP update (November 28th, 2019), it will no longer open on this device - the “Arlo” screen just keeps loading and losing until it crashes and closes. It opens and works fine on our iPhones, but not on the Fire. I have tried uninstalling/re-installing and rebooting the device multiple times, but the same thing keeps happening. The tablet is running on Fire OS 6.3.1.2, if that makes a difference. Any tips?

Thank you!
Tgirl07
Guide
Guide
Yes, it happen to my Kindle 10 inch too. I just downloaded a previous version of the app. Until they fix this problem
nav001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted the tablet.  

mzm
Guide
Guide

Where can I get that download?  The only one I see is the most recent update which won't install on my Kindle Fire 7 and now hangs up in my Kindle Fire 8.  Currently, neither app works in either Kindle.  Come on Arlo!

tlonitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my Kindle I used the Silk browser and searched for my.arlo.com.  On the my.arlo.com portal page it presented a page to download the app.  I picked the Amazon source and it downloaded the 2.7 versionand installed it.  It did not install over my existing install, but rather a new install.  So, technically, I can launch either version.  The 2.7 version, after install, will prompt you to install a newer version, you should ignore that since the newer version doesn't work.  At some point, the older version will no longer be supported, but hopefully, Arlo will have fixed the problem by then.

mzm
Guide
Guide

Well I tried that but it won't download to this Kindle, it says it's not compatible.  There's nothing left for this Fire 7. 😞  I'll try again on my other Fire but right now I'm blind - no app on one and a hanging app on my other Kindle.

ryanwood17
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the last couple years we have used an Amazon Fire 8 tablet as a monitor for our 2 Arlo baby cameras.  Yesterday we had the app running on the Fire tablet and suddenly it stopped working.  Upon checking, the app was completely gone from the tablet.  Upon searching the Amazon Appstore for "Arlo", nothing appeared.  No Arlo Legacy, no Arlo, no nothing.  I have no current way to get the app back on my tablet as it is nowhere to be found in the App store.  Anyone else having similar issues or is anyone aware why this may be happening?

bawden
Aspirant
Aspirant

The download links you posted don't work. Is there a new link for Arlo app on Kindle fire? (I've used the Kindle fire as my baby monitor screen for 8 months with no problem, but now I can't!)