Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Network compromised after doing a desktop sharing session from a scammer support help

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Wjacobs
Follower
Follower

I was on what I thought was the Arlo website and a help chat box came up. They asked some general questions then hit my number and had someone call. Once on this call I was asked to sign into a desktop sharing session. The guy went way too in depth and asked for 30 minutes to beef up my firewall and systems. At that point I felt uncomfortable and got off the call. Now I feel like my network is definitely compromised. Anybody had this experience or have any recommendations for next steps? solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you call the number offered here?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Boss2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

This happened to me the yesterday and I proceeded with the charge on a card that only had 100.00 left on it as they wanted 99.00.  My camera continued to show offline and I tried to communicate on the app but no one answered so I looked up support and this number came up 844-422-0089.  I even googled the number and did not find any info about a scam associated with the number.  Whey they asked for payment I refused at first and then my arlo seemed not to work very good and kept going offline.   I paid and right after called the cc number to advise and get that card shut down.  I called my internet provider and they are sending me another modem along with I am going to take my laptop to my computer guy next week.  Thats all I know to do .  Any other insite please share.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The proper site has already been shared in this thread.