Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear router is knocking my internet out

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rockgurl1967
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the two-set wireless cameras and hooked them up as instructed. They work just fine but the netgear router is constantly knocking out my internet connection. I have to go and uplug the main ISP router and reboot it. All works fine for a few hours and then it goes out again. I got my ISP provider to come and investigate and they gave me a new router box but they said that the Netgear router must be competing. How am I supposed to use the cameras if I don't have internet? I have to keep them unplugged until I go out and then hope the internet doesn't go out while I'm out. Not satisfactory.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rockgurl1967,

It sounds like the issue being described could be WiFi interference. One way to attempt to isolate this is to move the Arlo Base station as far as possible from your wireless router. 

When you say "netgear router" are you referring to the Arlo Base station (white device with 5 LEDs on the front) or do you have an additional netgear router that your Arlo Base station is connected to? If you could provide a little more information about your network/ISP that may help us in potentially identifying the cause of the issue.

JamesC

Rockgurl1967
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James. Thanks for your response. Yes I meant the Arlo Base station unit. It sits on the shelf below my router. My ISP service provider is Cox Communications and they have given me a DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi modem. The base station is plugged into that. How far away should it be? The cable is only so long.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW I had mine mere inches from the router with no issues.