Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear Arlo's camera batteries lasting longer these days?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

I noticed my Netgear Arlo batteries have been doing well. Did Netgear change something to make them last longer (recent/late)ly? I haven't changed anything majorly with its setups.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Anecdotally, I'd agree and am seeing the same.  The last 8-12 months have certainly been better than early 2016.  There have been a few firmware upgrades and I think they're yielding positive results.

It probably helps that Arlo's got some competition now (EZVIZ, Reolink).

- Mark

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Prolixium wrote:

Anecdotally, I'd agree and am seeing the same.  The last 8-12 months have certainly been better than early 2016.  There have been a few firmware upgrades and I think they're yielding positive results.

It probably helps that Arlo's got some competition now (EZVIZ, Reolink).

- Mark

Ah, I am not going crazy then. I wonder what Netgear actually did to make the batteries last longer for the last few months (not long as yours).

Competition is good, but are they good/better than Netgear? I have never heard of those guys before. I will trust Netgear more.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

One of the cameras' batteries got to 2% and had a lot (not full) yesterday, and need to be replaced again very soon. 😞 Other two have half way now for days. I did get an Arlo iOS app update a couple days ago. Hmm!

bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

I did notice my battery indicator went up a little too.  

The EZVIZ cameras reviews on Amazon say these cameras are hard to setup and the lag is very bad for the motion sensor.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

bhusband wrote:

I did notice my battery indicator went up a little too.  

The EZVIZ cameras reviews on Amazon say these cameras are hard to setup and the lag is very bad for the motion sensor.

A little? See,me a lot more for mine. We'll see with the new batteries.

Ouch for EZVIZ cameras. Netgear Arlo's were not that easy and not always reliable. Yikes.