Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CompCriminal
Tutor
Tutor
I need help learning about the types of light picked up on my security camera.. These balls of light follow me every where I go in my house including the shower. I go in a small room with no windows and it is pitch black but on the camera it's bright as day. Its not the camera because outside nighttime is still much less of a difference on the camera and what it actually is. People have no clue of what's out there so if I ask questions people think I'm delusional. Thanks for any help you can give me
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a link to a video so we can see. Not sure why you're recording in the shower.  It's much more than likely to be dust particles reflecting the IR if the night vision IR illuminators are in use.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a link to a video so we can see. Not sure why you're recording in the shower.  It's much more than likely to be dust particles reflecting the IR if the night vision IR illuminators are in use.

CompCriminal
Tutor
Tutor
I want to know everywhere the lights are. I don't want to be rude so please forgive me if I come off that way. Dust does not follow you from room to room. My small room that has no windows is where I test scenarios. I have a security camera with 8 cameras that cost $150. So if you are looking outside in the dark you could see that a person was there if he was within a foot of the camera. The night vision is pretty much non-existent. When I am in the little room w/no widows its pitch black if I don't turn on light and I can't see a hand in front of my face. But when I look at monitor it's bright as day and the balls of light hang together and it looks like a floor to ceiling light without the hardware. The only time lights fly around is when I'm in there and it is every time. I'm running away from home today because they are driving me nuts breaking anything like my front gate that gets in there line of vision outside. My tablet charger broke I ordered a new one and that broke off in hours but I hope to have it running soon so I can posts video. Thanks
steve_t
Master Master
Master

There's a huge thread on these "orbs" but the majority of people agree it's dust