Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

NO internet light on base station

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
RacerAV
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried all the methods I can find around here. My quick easy set up has now lasted two days. Still nothing.

I have reset the base station, the router, checked the router configurations... nothing.

I can't get the internet light to do anything. It turns amber with all other lights when I reset, but nothing after that. The power goes from amber to green, then stays green and no changes.

What else can I do?

7 REPLIES 7
RacerAV
Tutor
Tutor

Also, the verizon router is not showing any ethernet connections, even though the green LED is lit where the ethernet cable from the base station is plugged in.

I've set the firewall to the lowest setting, reset all, still no good.

I need these cameras up and running today, and it's not looking good.

RacerAV
Tutor
Tutor

The netgear chat is a joke. Come on guys... Shana has wasted 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. SUPER glad I was able to get help on you know, turning off the base station and turning it back on...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RacerAV,

Have you tried a different ethernet cable or plugging in to a different port on the router? If there is no internet LED (amber or green) that tells us the base station is not detecting anything being plugged in to the ethernet port on either the router or the base station. So it could be one(or multiple) of the following:

1. Defective port on the base station.

2. Defective port on the router.

3. Defective ethernet cable.

4. Defective internet LED.

Also make sure you try plugging another device such as a laptop directly into the router to test the ports.

One last question, if you go to your router settings, does your router see the base station?

JamesC

FRANK121
Tutor
Tutor

I have this problem but have the green light on the Base station......wtf?  Everything worked fine until it got cold?

I have tried different cables, different router, reset the the modem, reset the router, master reset the base unit?

still have 3 green lights on base unit and get the

"Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router."

Three days with no response from anyone .... starting to get pissed!

HELP!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser? Did you try the other method (app or browser)? Did you try another browser? Sometimes it's just one thing that doesn't work. Knowing that it works ayt all is a clue.

arlolosangeles
Guide
Guide
Mine is dead on both browser and app and Internet led has been dark for 2 days.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you placed a trouble ticket?