Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My original Arlo's base station's middle Internet light goes amber color a lot. Tried replugging.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

It means it has no Internet connection with Netgear R6300 v1 router, but yet Internet is working. Arlo Pro 2 is fine though! I already unplugging and replugging its power connection, swapped short network cables and changed ports. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, then how did you fix it? Or maybe this base station is dying since it was bought in early 2015, and I need a new one?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ant wrote:

It means it has no Internet connection with Netgear R6300 v1 router, but yet Internet is working. Arlo Pro 2 is fine though! I already unplugging and replugging its power connection, swapped short network cables and changed ports. 🙂

I suggest making a note of the base station's IP address (which should be in your router's attached device list).

Then the next time the connection goes amber, try pinging that IP address from the PC.  If the ping fails, then there is a problem with the local connection between the base and the router.  If the ping works, then the issue is with the full base->cloud connection.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Excellent idea. I didn't know these base stations were pingable. I haven't seen its middle amber light come up again since the next day. Weird. I will try that when it happens again (rarely).