Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My cameras show offline every time after a power outage

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ngibney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sadly, every time our power goes out my base station shows my two cameras are offline. I have to manually go to each camera an press the little button to get them to reconnect.  This is really unacceptable for a security system.  What if I am out of town?  Is there a fix for this? 

I have RING products that always reconnect.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At least in the past the issue has been that the base became ready before the router. The easy way to fix it was to reboot the base (or the router and the base, in that order) so the router is ready when the base starts. Remotely, you can add a WiFi switch to the power cord for the base so you can turn the base off and back on as long as your WiFi is working.

BTW, the best solution is to use a UPS for your modem, router and base so the internet remains up. That way the Arlo system remains working even with a power outage.

ngibney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, that's a shame.  It should probably keep trying to connect.  My Ring product doesn't have this issue.  It's time to upgrade my security and it look like Ring will be the king.  Sorry.  Let me know when/if this gets corrected.  Unfortunately I won't be able to recommend your product to anyone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not my product - superusers and almost everybody here other than a very few that have Arlo avatars are just users, some with more experience.

The issue with the base not reconnecting after a power outage seems to be solely for the original VMB3000 bases. I haven't heard of anyone with a newer base having the problem.