Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MrsTiggy
Aspirant
Aspirant

The IR LEDs are not illuminating on my camera.  All else is fine.  I can hear the IR filter kicking in when I move the camera into the dark but because the IR LEDs are not coming on all I get at night is black videos. Everything works well in daylight.

As I use this to monitor wildlife in my garden at night the camera is effectively useless.  This is the second camera this has happened to.  The first one was replaced by the retailer but as they are no longer trading I cannot repeat that process.  I have tried raising it with Arlo who came back with suggestions I had already tried and did not work.  I have pointed out to them that they do not work and despite 3 further contacts I have not had a single follow up reply.  My camera is now a useless piece of junk.  I am not inclined to buy a further camera as I expect the same thing to happen again after a few more months so my whole system has been a waste of hard-earned cash.

I have searched the internet and found instructions on how to remove and replace the defective components but so far no luck in finding a source of parts.  This only adds to my frustration.

In the event that someone from Arlo reads this my job number was 40296467.  Perhaps you can come up with some sort of useful reply because so far Arlo support has been a waste of time.

Anybody else got any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is Night Vision turned on in your camera settings?

MrsTiggy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it is.  The camera had been successfully recording wildlife in my garden at night for about 9 months before I started getting black videos.  This is exactly what happened to my previous Arlo camera which was the same model.  I have tried rebooting everything in sight, turning the night vision off and then back on again and nothing makes a difference.  The night vision LEDs are just not responding.  As I said before everything else works and none of the "fixes" provided by Arlo worked either.

What really disappoints me is Arlo's apparent lack of interest in the fact that both cameras I have had have failed in the same way.  I note from other posts on the community that I am not alone in experiencing this.  I guess their cameras are just not fit for pupose.

Akwells
Aspirant
Aspirant
My IR light come on but only get black screen. What can or do I need to do to get it working, I do have the night vision on, on the camera. Any help would be appreciated.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.