Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo cameras stop detected motion after a few hours.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mycativan
Follower
Follower

Hey! I'm having a bit of a weird problem that even the arlo support is having trouble fixing. I've had these cameras for about two months, and during the first month they worked flawlessly. They even caught a package theft (and we managed to catch the too! The quality on these cameras is amazing!) and because of the package theft we decided to by a few more cameras to setup. After we'd setup those new cameras things worked pretty well for a few days, then all of the sudden everything just stopped. The cameras stopped recording anything. You could wave your hand directly in front of them, but they wouldn't start recording. When we did the motion test on all the cameras, they all worked just fine. They just wouldn't record. We discovered that rebooting the base station was the only way to get them functioning properly again. 

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey mycativan,

You mentioned that you've reached out to the support team but have trouble fixing your issue. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Jambotatu
Guide
Guide
I had the same experience today. No motion detection on my Pro2 cameras. I did a motion detection test which resolved this. I set the base station last night to activate siren on movement on a Pro camera