Aspirant

How can I get my camera's back online

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1Scooter,

It could be that the batteries in this camera are depleted. Open and close the battery compartment door and pay close attention to the LED behavior on the camera: What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo Wire-Free camera mean?

It could also be that this camera has dropped offline due to poor signal strength, consider bringing the camera close to the base station and power cycle it (open and close the battery compartment door) and see if the camera comes back online.

Take a look at this article for an extensive list of possible reasons and solutions for camera's being offline: My Arlo Wire-Free camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

JamesC

View solution in original post

225 REPLIES 225
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning mphmax,

Let's see if we can help you to get to a resolution by better understanding the cause of your cameras going offline. A couple questions for you:

When did your cameras start going offline? 

Have you verified the WiFi signal is able to properly reach the cameras? 

I look forward to your response!

Thanks,

Deann S

Arlo Team

farrah09
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo message camera offline, how do I reconnect?

farrah09
Initiate
Initiate

Yesterday

DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning farrah09,

According to our data center report, it seems that your Base Station and camera's are now online.

Were all camera's offline? I happened to notice that two of your camera's appear to have low battery. 

Please be sure to replace your batteries when you have a chance. Other than that, all appears to be well.

If you continue to experience this issue with one or more camera's, please contact me directly and I will setup a support ticket with our Escalation team.

Thanks for your time and patience. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

DeannS

Arlo Team

ATO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I experince th esame. two of my 3 cameras went offline and I coudn't re-connect them. I pushed the "sync" button on one of them and it got back alive. the 3rd is more difficult toreach and I'm clueless....any help?

DarrenM
Sage
Sage

Hello ATO

I looked into your cameras and I see one of the cameras has critical batteries or they are dead you need to replace the batteries and may need to resync the camera to the base station. Here is a article showing how to resync the cameras. 

My Arlo camera won’t sync to the base station; how can I troubleshoot?

Hope this information helps and I hope to hear your Feedback.

Thanks

DarrenM

Arlo Team

swenning
Guide
Guide

All 5 of my cameras are offline.  I pressed the sync button on the base station but none of them have responded.  Do I have to bring them all back close to the base station to sync?  they seemed to have good signal strength and battery power, only a few weeks old.

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi swenning,

Please make sure the base station is getting on the Internet.

It is best you check the LED activities first.

See What do the LEDs on my Arlo base station mean?.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
swenning
Guide
Guide

Got them back.  I restarted the base station and they all slowly came back in operation

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi swenning,

That's good to hear, they are back online.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
Rdpventures
Tutor
Tutor

I screw up something. I need to set up again

Rdpventures
Tutor
Tutor

Don't know when or how it went offline. Need to reconnect the camera

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rdpventures,

Please consider the following troubleshooting steps to reconnect your camera to the base station:

1. Reboot your base station. (press power on/off button located on the back)

2. Open the battery compartment on your camera and then close it to reset the camera.

3. Once the base station is back online, press the Sync button on the side of the base station one time, the third LED should start flashing.

4. Bring the camera close to the base station and press the Sync button on top of the camera 1 time, the blue LED should start flashing.

If this process was successful the camera LED will rapidly blink for a short time and the camera LED on the base station will turn solid green.  Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

parodis
Initiate
Initiate

Hi, me 3 cameras are offline, although I have internet on my router as well as on the netgear router. The system was working fine but someone desconented my modem and when I returned home and reconnected my 3 cameras went offline.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

parodis,

Welcome to the community!  If all three camera's are showing offline please consider the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Ensure your base station is online (Power LED and Internet LED solid green)

2. Bring the camera close to the base station and power cycle it by opening and closing the battery compartment.

3. Resync the camera if necessary and take note of the LED indicator on the camera. 

You should get a solid green LED indicator on the center LED(camera LED) on the base station if the sync completed successfully. Complete each step on a single camera before moving on to the next.  Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

border
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 1 of 2 camera's going in offline mode everyone. I Cannot get it down everyone as it's on a difficult spot. How can be avoided that this happens? The other camera is full mode working all the time thanks.
border
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everyone should be everytime (love autocorrect )
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

border,

There may be intermittent interference on your network. A simple troubleshooting step you may try to do is to restart the base station from the WebUI or Arlo App. This option is located under Settings > Base Station Settings > Restart. This is essentially the same as physically powering down the base station and powering it back on. You will not lose any settings or lose the cameras that are synced to the base station.

I'm looking forward to your response.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
border
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did a restart but second camera stays offline.
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

border,

After performing the troubleshooting steps and you are still experiencing your camera being offline, kindly contact our support team for further assistance.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
border
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now it is in function again. But I'd like to know howcome it is the same camera everutime with the same problem? The other camera is always working and it's batteries are holding much longer then the batteries in the other camera.

Thanks

Kyleresq
Tutor
Tutor
I have two cameras that are showing off-line and one is online. The two off-line cameras are the ones right next to the base station. The online one is far away. Any ideas
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kyleresq,

Consider power cycling the cameras that are showing offline by opening and closing the battery compartment door. I have a couple questions that might help us understand more about the issue. Is there any other wireless devices nearby that could potentially be causing interference with the two cameras that went offline? How often have these cameras gone offline? Let us know!

JamesC

Paul17
Tutor
Tutor

My cameras are going offline all the time. One camera is within 10 feet of the station.  The station is within one foot of the router.  The router is communicating with my other devices.  The other three cameras are within thirty feet of the station.  However two of the cameras are one floor below the station.  I have rebooted the router and the station.  Sometimes when I do that the camera will work, but not for long.  The batteries show they are not empty.  I am away from the house now so hope you can look at my system where you are and help me fix my problem remotely.  Also, I can't click on my email notices of motion and get the system to show me the video of the motion recorded.  Also, the camera starts to record the motion well after the first motion should be recorded.  For example, I can go into the room and move around for several seconds before the camera starts to record me.  Can the camera be set to record sooner.