mphmax
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I get my camera's back online

225 REPLIES 225
WillieR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just remembered that the base station is located behind the stereo which has a transmitter card for the back speakers.  Reading other posts, think it could be interfeering with the reception, since I think the cameras hace a low power transmitter. 

LadyBaskerville
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  ALL my cameras have adequate batteries, I just installed this system recently, and this is the second time they have gone offline.  This is ALL day.  This happened before and then magically later in the day they were back up. 

PLEASE EXPLAIN ARLO WHAT IS HAPPENING.   I am about to return this system and get ADT or something.  I love the low cost the convenience of this system, the low impact on my home life, but PLEASE these need to be online at all times or there is no point.

Thanks,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser?  Have you tried the other and/or a different browser? Have you logged out of them and back in? Are the LEDs on the base showing the left three as green and the others off?

swedish78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all

I also have big issue to connect my cameras to the bas, some times i connect them and few minutes after they again go offline, I also have trouble to update the firmware on the cameras, please help I don`t know what is the issue with my system

swedish78
Aspirant
Aspirant

the bas firmware is 1.7.5_6178

swedish78
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras firmware is 1.2.2688

I have tried everything possible and nothing is helping.

swedish78
Aspirant
Aspirant

The message that i get is!!!

Your device is not connected. Make sure it is connected to your router and that there is a working Internet connection.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

swedish78,

Firmware updates will generally take place on their own overnight as long as the camera has sufficient battery and is not too far from the base station. Are you still seeing this behavior? Have your cameras updated? 

JamesC

Capo808
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo camera is stating that it's off line. My base station is on with two green lights. We had a quick power outage about 2 hrs ago.please advise.
Thank you
MoSi
Aspirant
Aspirant

mphmax wrote:

How can I get my camera's back online

Dear Arlo I had this problem on the one of my 2 cams: Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection.

I was trying again and again to reconnect and sync without any luck after that i took the power of from my base station and in the same time on my router, i do not hope that I will have the problem again it is only 1 day old, is there anything I can do to prevent this problem? And do you think the problem is the base station? Yours MoSi

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Capo808 wrote:
My arlo camera is stating that it's off line. My base station is on with two green lights. We had a quick power outage about 2 hrs ago.please advise.
Thank you

I recommend the use of an uninterruptible power supply (UPS)/battery backup for all your network equipment, including the modem, router and base station.  You don't need to go nuts with this - an inexpensive 750VA unit should provide many hours of outage coverage.  That will help prevent issues like this.

Right now, the first thing to try is to simply power cycle the base and see if everything comes back.  It usually happens automatically but has been known to fail as you note.

Harleyboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Harleyboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Set my 3 camera system up last night...all went went, but the two cameras that were the closest to the base station were offline this morning. What should I check first and what is the procedure to bring the two cameras back online??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, check the LEDs on the base.  Is the Camera LED (3rd from left) lit?  If so, try logging out of the app/web and log back in.  Sometimes that helps.  If that fails or the Camera LED is off, try restarting the base by using the power button or the Restart button in Settings, My Devices, your base station.

carolarthur
Aspirant
Aspirant

It just went offline this morning.  I turned the on/off swithch on the base and now the first and third button is yellow but the second button is orange.  I do not know what that means and what else to do.

Fab24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi i got the same issue. Since i updated the app on my phone i cant see live..its says camera offline. Could someone help me please
Chad101
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my cameras went off-line only a couple days after my purchase. How do I fix it
Chad101
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have three other cameras still work only one is off-line.
Fab24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try to re sync..the one offline it should work.. for me all of them not working
phankhi
Aspirant
Aspirant
i have same issues as you.
updated new firmware. live camera says "your device is offline" tried reset base/cameras/router. tried reinstall no luck.
i have android os 5.1.1 (lollipop).
logged call with support and waiting for response.
phankhi
Aspirant
Aspirant
FYI
I downloaded the old Arlo app via amazon as they haven't updated yet.. lucky. now i have a working live camera... thanks for the suggestion
Jpcraze7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had this issue since day 1. Every other day they go offline. They are offline again
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chad101,

It sounds like this could be a battery issue. Replace the batteries in the affected camera with a fresh set and try again.

Fab24, phankhi, Jpcraze7

Do you see the same behavior if you try accessing the cameras from a different device, such as using the web client from a PC/laptop?

JamesC

Juju52
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras is offline and I'm trying to get it to watch it live any help??
phankhi
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC wrote:

Chad101,

It sounds like this could be a battery issue. Replace the batteries in the affected camera with a fresh set and try again.

Fab24, phankhi, Jpcraze7

Do you see the same behavior if you try accessing the cameras from a different device, such as using the web client from a PC/laptop?

JamesC

JamesC,

Cameras all work fine via the webclient from a PC. ONLY on the Android latest firmware thats not showing the live cameras. I am still waiting for a solution from your support team. case#: 27108296