mphmax
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I get my camera's back online

225 REPLIES 225
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

It happened with another camera as of this early morning. Power cycling the base station did not fix it. I did not get any low battery e-mails too. It is probably dead/low battery again like last month with the other camera. This is annoying! 😞

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

Ant: What batteries are you using?  I'm wondering if they are rechargeable and thus drop from useable to unuseable in a quick timeframe.

ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

StuBee wrote:

Ant: What batteries are you using?  I'm wondering if they are rechargeable and thus drop from useable to unuseable in a quick timeframe.

Energizer's non-rechargeable batteries from Amazon. I don't know its model and details right now. The camera's light was blinking orange/amber two in row for every 30 seconds or so when I checked. The same behavior as last month's other camera incident. I haven't been able to take the camera down (do that tomorrow).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not that it helps you right now but I received a low battery the other day on a camera with rechargeables.  I didn't let it run to see how long it might last before dead but I wasn't quick in changing them with no issues.  Emails seem to be working for me for whatever reason.

ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

jguerdat wrote:

Not that it helps you right now but I received a low battery the other day on a camera with rechargeables.  I didn't let it run to see how long it might last before dead but I wasn't quick in changing them with no issues.  Emails seem to be working for me for whatever reason.

Interesting and thanks. Hopefully, I will physically check out the camera today.

arlorr
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras we have never went offline.  We went out of town and now it shows the camera offline, is there anyway to get online when out of town?

shortz97
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been trying for 3 days to view my cameras while at work using the app. All times of day since Tuesday at 6am through today at 530pm
Still cannot view unless comnected to the home Wi-Fi on my phone. Can still arm and disarm but thats it. They detect motion like they should but i cannot view any active movements live.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As noted here many times, work networks may well block access to various sites and Netgear.com seems to be one. When at work, you have a choice of talking to your network folks a out unblocking access or use cell service.

ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

ant wrote:

jguerdat wrote:

Interesting and thanks. Hopefully, I will physically check out the camera today.

FYI. Its batteries were low like last month's other camera. I am puzzled why I never got the e-mail notifications about them again. 😞

jfrenaye
Guide
Guide

You shoudl be able to do a re-start form the app. It often (not always) brings them back online

ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

jfrenaye wrote:

You shoudl be able to do a re-start form the app. It often (not always) brings them back online

I have done that before. They never worked for my "offline" cameras. 😞

baktun
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,

One out my four cameras is having trouble syncing with my base station. The other three is working just fine. What can i do?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If repositioning the camera doesn't help, you may need a trouble ticket to resolve this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

baktun,

Have you tried a fresh set of batteries? If the camera is showing offline it could be due to dead batteries. Consider installing a fresh set and check to see if that brings the camera back online.

JamesC

Texasmorrell
Tutor
Tutor

My entire system is off-line. I can't even see my cameras on the main screen. I've tried everything including switching out the base station. My entire system is dead. Is anyone else having the same problem today? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you still having problems?  What are the base LEDs showing?

Texasmorrell
Tutor
Tutor

No we figured out the problem. The base station could only handle five cameras. I have eight cameras total so I split four cameras for each base station. Now they work perfectly. If I try to hook up anymore than five cameras to a single base station they started malfunctioning and won't work at all.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting. The bases should be able to handle 15 cameras, I believe. The only other limitation is the plan you're on since the basic plan only supports 5 cameras. If this is the case, you have to use two email addresses for two basic plans to see all cameras.

WillieR
Aspirant
Aspirant
What I cant understand is why I have to reboot because the cam is offline. Battery is good, range is 15 feet. But very often it goes offline, seem like the base station ignores the handshake or the cam skips the handshake. I am able to reset from the APP I am building lack of confidence till we know why it would go offline
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base doing when you have an issue?

WillieR
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are both green
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you only have two green LEDs, it's obvious that the camera isn't connected. I know you say the batteries are good but humor me and use fresh ones. It's possible that it's a battery issue as well as a hardware one. If all seems good, try moving the camera close to the base and see if the same issue occurs.

WillieR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought it 4 days ago. The batteries came with it.
mocodi
Apprentice
Apprentice

All five of my cameras have been "not connected" for the past 24 hours or so, possibly beginning with a ~30 minute power outage here yesterday (not sure if that's when the problem started, or if it's coincidental):

http://imgur.com/4iT5ATD

That's what I see in my browser. Android app shows the same. Tried the following to no effect:

- Power cycling both my router and the Arlo base station.

- Restarting one the cameras by opening the battery compartment.

- Re-syncing one of the cameras.

However, I'm still getting alerts and new videos. Just no camera status, access to live view, modes or settings.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

mocodi wrote:

All five of my cameras have been "not connected" for the past 24 hours or so, possibly beginning with a ~30 minute power outage

That's what I see in my browser. Android app shows the same. Tried the following to no effect:

- Power cycling both my router and the Arlo base station.

- Restarting one the cameras by opening the battery compartment.

- Re-syncing one of the cameras.

Try also to reboot your computer... many times it is the browser and cache resulting in a glitch.

Also as a side note;  many times power outages to the base allow the cameras to drop out after time ( unknown amount , I've seen it in 20 mins and also 2 hours )

When this happenes, a resync of the camera is the only thing that will fix the problem

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------