Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Janea
Guide
Guide

I have 4 Arlo cameras attached to my account ...3 work perfectly, recording only when they detect movement during the scheduled active time.  However the 4 th camera will record constantly during the Scheduled active time when there is no movement. I have changed the sensitivity, I have reinstalled all cameras and started again. I have changed batteries. I have read others have had similar problems is it camera or programming.  Any other suggestions.  

25 REPLIES 25
steve_t
Master Master
Master

To be absolutely sure it's recording with no movement at all, put the camera in a drawer and see if it continues to record. Are you recording until motion stops?

Janea
Guide
Guide

I have put in a drawer and it stopped recording.  I have tried Sensitivity at 10% and it still even records . It records 10 secs then stops then starts recording again. Up to 2 recordings per minute, right up until motion detection is scheduled to stop. Makes battery go very fast. 

Janea
Guide
Guide

Correction it is still recording in the drawer. Sorry 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support for a faulty camera.

Gallo1268
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same problem, did you find a fix? I just bought the 4 Camera set used connected it and 3 work fine but that fourth same thing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if the issue stays with the camera or location.

Janea
Guide
Guide
I contacted support in the end and they are going to replace my camera said it was faulty.
Janea
Guide
Guide
I tried all that in the end contacted support they were very good. Thanks for your suggestion.
JCW308
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same problem. Just got the replacement (WHICH WAS OBVIOUSLY USED) and it does the EXACT same thing. These cameras are absolute lemons and should be recalled. Nothing but problems since day one.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since a different one does the same thing, it's entirely possible that the issue is the positioning of the camera. Post a screenshot for suggestions.

JCW308
Tutor
Tutor

There is a wind chime behind camera, out of view. Could the wind chime be tripping to audio trigger (if there really is one) and if so, how do I disable just the audio trigger? Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Disable audio detection in your modes. There are FAQs here with full details but quickly use the Mode tab, click on you base and edit your modes (Armed by default). All settings are in there, including audio settings. Better yet, create your own custom modes for full control.

JCW308
Tutor
Tutor

OK this sounds crazy but none of my settings have anything about audio. I wonder if I have a Staples "dumbed=dpwn" kit or something? I got the three cameras and router in one package.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your posts indicate you have a Pro camera setup but this post is in the original wireless camera section. Which cameras do you actually have? I responded based on the idea that you have Pro cameras but the lack of audio section suggestes that you have the original, which don't have audio capabilities. We need to clear that up first.

JCW308
Tutor
Tutor

You're right, this whole time I thought I had the Arlo Pro camera when actually I have the Arlo standard. VMC3030. I'm sorry for the confusion.

deafbowtie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Could weather environment, shade changes, leaves wave much in winds, car sounds, etc. affects motion sensitivity?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As the seasons change, so does the sun's angle and the intensity of its IR content so, yes, it can easy affect motion detection. Not so much audio detection but that depends on which cameras you have (only the Pro and Q cameras have audio)

deafbowtie
Aspirant
Aspirant
If so, how to resolve to reduce the effect from sun factors? I did reduce the motion detector even to 40%. Still no help. I also notice that false detections only occur during daytime.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That nails down IR from the sun. Are you changing motion sensitivity in your modes and saving? Use of the Motion Detection Test doesn't change anything - it's just a number to use in your modes. Post screenshots of the camera view for suggestions.

deafbowtie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Attached is one of three

deafbowtie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Attached is the second of three.

deafbowtie
Aspirant
Aspirant
  1. Attached is the third of three
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a lot of sun!  🙂

However, I don't see leaves/branches/trees that would be my first items to exclude from the view. Are there flying objects (birds, insects, airplanes) that might be causing shadows or flying quickly through the cameras' sight? Don't forget that the cameras take a couple of seconds to start recording so somethng could have moved on by the time you get the start of the video.

Also, what about the sensitivity settings issue I asked about earlier?

deafbowtie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where do I adjust the motion sensitivity ?  What is the motion detection setting for?  I set 40% for each exterior camera.  Still not solved.   

There are no significant flying objects. I am aware of a few seconds delay to start recording.