Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo Notifications Are Now Appearing Individually

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Hairfarm
Star
Star

Greetings,

My Arlo notifications are now appearing individually. They used to appear "bundled" together under a single icon (Arlo bird) notification. They are not duplicates. They are all legit notifications, it's just that now they are listed individually instead of grouped.

Too many notification icons now.

Please look at my screenshots. How can I go back to just one notiication icon that represents alerts?

I've reinstalled already.

Hardware: VMB3010r2

Firmware: 1.10.0.8_22190 

2.jpg
1.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
NewtoArlo2K17
Star
Star

Same here, this is nuts!

Arlo Android app 2.5.3_22376

Twinkle
Star
Star

Same here, I posted a note under  dislikes of new Arlo App v 2.5.3.22376

I am glad that you posted the images. I agree. Even though I can clear all  once I hit Clear, it is the fact that I see all 10 or what ever number. If I want to know which camera, that is what the Library is for. I think it is a drain on my battery. If I unload my car of groceries, (I have one camera for Driveway and one at the door) with four trips, then I will get 8 notifications on my phone display. 

Not sure what Arlo was improving. This is the 2nd day, I hope I do not find any further problems-last yr with the logout was a pain.

NewtoArlo2K17
Star
Star

Hello! Arlo?! Anyone with authority care to comment about this?

paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Crickets per usual from Arlo support. At least it's not the generic "I've escalated to our engineers" nonsense that @JamesC pops in with 8-10 times a thread over the course of half a dozen months.

I'm beginning to think Arlo doesn't even actually have engineers. They have frontline customer service, a couple community managers to reassure everyone with problems somebody is looking into it, and investors. Nothing more.

Prove me wrong, Arlo.
NewtoArlo2K17
Star
Star

LOL @paulmike3 IKR?

All we need is a new setting in settings: "Group alerts together." It can't be that hard since the app has been doing it for years on its own and other messaging apps on my phone already do it automatically. I get at least 100 Arlo cam alerts a day and what I consider high-priority notifications from other apps on my phone are now lost in the shuffle.

I also find it interesting that more people haven't commented about this. Having your phone alerts overwhelmed with Arlo alerts is okay?

Hairfarm
Star
Star

@NewtoArlo2K17 wrote:

LOL @paulmike3 IKR?

I also find it interesting that more people haven't commented about this. Having your phone alerts overwhelmed with Arlo alerts is okay?

After a few days of this I'm really anoyed at having to scroll through the Arlo notification detritus to search for my other alerts. Lame.

Hey Arlo, why not consolidate your notifications and quit hogging up the playground with your little brats?Smiley Wink

OurHattonHome
Star
Star

I too am having this issue, also for each capture I'll receive several notifications. Also when I select the notification it is not removed from the notification area where before notifications would reset to 0 once they were selected. Plus the ARLO icon on my phone shows the number of multiple notifications even though I have already viewed all videos captured I have to delete the notifications before the reset to the ICON is made. This is aggravating and I wish you would revert back to how notifications were handled prior to the updates.

alereis
Tutor
Tutor

Same here.

dedren
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just saying, "me too"
Snjperman
Aspirant
Aspirant

same and its annoying.

Diesel_Jeremiah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Notifications should be bundled, instead of multiple notifications that are independent.

There should be one expandable notification; think gmail style.
E.G.: If I want to dismiss all the Arlo notifications, I should be able to do so by swiping one notification.
E.G.: If I want to dismiss or view one, two, or more notifications, I swipe down to expand and select or dismiss individually.

This has been supported since Android N, and should be a standard feature.

The below youtube link explains it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZQ1D003g14

Screenshot_20200319-035210.jpg