Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo Cameras Stopped Sending Notifications & Recording Motion

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo camera which has worked great for the past 2 year now doesn't send notifications, it does still record to the library, I have recently upgraded to an iphone 8, settings are all OK, I have tried rebooting iphone, reloading Arlo App to no avail, very frustrating, anyone got any ideas,

19 REPLIES 19
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Normie

What version of IOS is your iphone currently running? Have you tried to reboot the camera by opening & closing the battery door?

Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, iOS12.1.4, I will try the battery door reboot and let you know the outcome

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, trtied the battery door reboot, sadly didn't work, very frustrating

I am contemplating deleting evrything and starting again, does anyone know if this would help

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted your base? Have you checked your modes to verify that notifications are still nabled for each camera desired? Have you checked the phone settings for the app to ensure that notifications are allowed?

Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi thanks for your reply, yes to all, the notifications seem to have stopped for no reason, i still get email alerts if I select them,

Cheers

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing one camera from Settings, My Devices and resync to see if it works then. Be sure to add the camera to any custom modes you may have. Also, try using the Armed mode to see if there's a difference.

Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately didn't help, it's strange because i get notifications from other apps with the same settings on my iphone 8

tahnks again

Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI @jguerdat Last night I reset the base station to factory settings and resynced the cameras, funnily enough my ipad gets push notifications, but not my iphone, so confusing

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried on your phone? Reboots, app reinstalls, etc.? Is the phone OS up to date? Have you checked the app permissions in the phone settings?

Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for your help @jguerdat, i have tried all your suggestions, numerous times to no avail.

There may be 1 setting somewhere which has been introduced by iphone8 not helping, it worked fantastic with my iphone 7

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for that, ihve contacted the chat line and all they recommended was to delete and reload the app  which didn't work, I have tried that numerous times before, I am planning to E-mail them now and see if that will help

Cheers

So frutrating 🙂

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Normie

I'll open a case with support for you right now, and send you the case number.

Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much, I tried to e-mail but the page kept defaulting to the support page

Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: I have recently been in touch with support who tell me there is an update due next week which will adress this issue, thank you support for your help

Cheers

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Normie

That is great news! let us know if you have any further questions.

Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys

just to report this issue is fixed, thanks a lot to the Arlo agents on the chat line, espeically Guiller C who got me to a very satisfactory result, thanks again, very happy 🙂

Autism-man
Aspirant
Aspirant

What was the  fix?   What was wrong?  This happend to me and I tried everything. Then 7 hours later it just started working again.

Normie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I eventually rang the chat line and the guy there talked me through changing the settings on my iPhone and rebooted the App has worked great since
Cheers