Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion sensing activates during live feed

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Arlo is a hot mess - has anyone else noticed the following? 

Motion sensing is active during live feed.

This has recently been a huge problem for me.  When I do a live feed, motion detection is STILL active.  It should be DISABLED during live feeds.  I cam actually SEE the motion icon light up when I am doing a live feed in the web portal on the Devices page.

What lovely thing that happens to me when motion sensing goes off during a live feed is, after I stop the live feed, the motion sensing icon REMAIN{{S showing activity and the camera will no longer record.

I have to turn the camera off, cold boot the base station (can't just reboot it, won't come back online if I do that, nice feature [sarcasm]) then after the base station is up, turn the camera back on.

I figured out this was taking place because I have three street facing cameras, and after doing a live feed on one camera, it would no longer trigger or record... only the other two cameras would where I didn't do a live feed.  The camera where I did the live feed the motion sensing icon would stay active and never go off until I did the whole off/on cold boot thing...

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @secaz

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Arlo support is a joke.

It's an insult to have to listen to *techs* read off a script.

They have NEVER helped me in any capacity at all period EVER...

And they have never heard of the word "Linux", much less have a clue what that is or that there are a hell of a lot more people using Linux than they think.  They need to educate their techs.  Have had their *techs* ask me if I've tried Internet Exploder, er, I mean Internet Explorer, right after I've just gotten done telling them I use Linux...

Thanks for the link, but I prefer not to have my blood pressure go off the charts by having to deal with their *techs*...