Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection slow or not working

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RepMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got the Arlo. Motion reaction is so slow or non existent. Tried lowering camera res, not much improvement. Camera is at 8' high and 12' away from door. IF motion works, person has already walked past camera and I get 10-seconds of the empty. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read the FAQs here for proper positioning? Best detection is with motion across the FOV, not at the camera. Sometimes it helps to position the camera so you get the subject moving away from the door rather than go it. You can also use one camera to detect motion and another to record. Additionally, post screenshots for suggestions.

RepMike
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looked over FAQ and increased sensitivity to 95. I'll see how that works tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong but this should be a good position? Trying to post a pic but won't let me paste in this msg.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can post links to the image/video, use the Share option in the library when viewing a video and copy the link here (only lasts 24 hours) or use the Photos icon just above the reply box to insert an image.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two issues:

1) Rotate the camera down so the hallway is what you see.

2) Motion is primarily at the camera rather than across the FOV.  Try rotating the camera so motion is more side to side.  A different mount may be needed to do this.