Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection quit working on one camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Rainier
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo VM3030 cameras (hardware version is H7 if that helps). All are on the same motion schedule. The motion detection was working on all three. The alerts were working fine.

Recently the motion detection quit working on one camera. The "live" video works, but not the motion detection. I checked the settings on the camera and motion detection is turned on. When I tried the manual test to see if motion detection is working, it isn't.

Is that a possible failure mode for video to work, but motion detection to be broken?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be a bad camera. Open a case with support here for a possible RMA.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What do you mean by manually testing motion detection - using a mode and walking in front of the camera or using the Motion Detection Test?

Try restarting the base and opening and closing the battery door may help.

Rainier
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried two tests.

Test #1 - Use the Motion Detection Test in the Arlo app and look for the flashing status light - nothing.

Test #2 - On the cameras where the motion detection is working correctly, when the cameras are in armed mode and detect something, there are red LED's that light up. You can see them clearly after dark. These aren't lighting up on the camera that isn't detecting motion.

I reset the base station and opened and closed the battery door with no luck. The batteries were showing 25%, so I put new batteries in this afternoon. I'll check that later this evening.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be a bad camera. Open a case with support here for a possible RMA.

Rainier
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's out of warranty. I ordered a replacement camera.