Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection issue

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
jennyfair24
Follower
Follower

We have one of or cameras at our front door. It captures cars that drive by, our flag in the breeze, etc but never catches a person walking up to our front door (mailman, delivery person, water company employee, etc) If it wasn’t picking up any motion I’d know a little better how to fix it but it does pick up motion, just not people. I’ve adjusted the sensitivity all the way up and still nothing. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Placement AND sense level are important....

The area max for people is about 20ft... cars usu detect much farther away as they reflect IR ( which is how the camera detects )

Try not to cover to much area, angle down and place so subject cross the FOV instead og straight on.

Sometimes ( as in my case ) I had to move the camera away from the door and face the door ( on an angle )

( see pic below )

Another way to sort of trick the camera is to use ZOOM feature( camera settings ) and shrink the picture by about 15% ( then re-aim at door )... since the PIR covers the entire field of view reguardless of zoom, it actually senses the person outside of the zoomed image and triggers... making it appear to trigger faster.  works for me.

Also, if the camera is away from the door you get them approch and a great facial pic as they go.

Door940.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Joebwan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same problem thinking about trying different company
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Joebwan

What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Joebwan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've tried moving camera adjusting brightness, sensitivity, zoom etc nothing works
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Joebwan

Have you tried to reboot the camera by removing//reinserting the battery and test again?