Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection Is Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tmomx3
Follower
Follower

My cameras never seem to detect appropriately. I have cameras that will have 100's of videos a day and some that have none, when I know for a fact they should have recorded something.Can someone help me to get my cameras to do what I bought them to do, which is know when someone is at my house? Its very frustrating to keep replacing expensive batteries in cameras that didnt show me anything except maybe, the tail end of a car going down the street. Thanks so much!

6 REPLIES 6
nextlevelnh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem but with 452 videos and flat batteries for 1 night!!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

tmomx3, 

Where are your cameras located? Are you having trouble with too many recordings or not enough? Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity ore placement of the camera(s)

nextlevelnh,

Where is your camera located? It sounds like an area with extremely high traffic.

nextlevelnh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I've changed the position of the camera several times without success. Last night 424 videos on 50 sensivity. She is watching my front door.Today 113 alerts without recording on sesnsivity=1. Is there any way to reset it or the camera is faulty?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

nextlevelnh,

You can remove and re-sync the camera to your base station and test again.

nextlevelnh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've done it few times with no luck.
Last night the camera was in a drawer and still the same. I believe it's faulty camera.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

nextlevelnh,

Have you checked to see if there is anything on the lens?