Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

More Countries able to subscribe to a Plan

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
AlexCan
Follower
Follower

I live in Costa Rica and cannot buy a Subscription Plan, which limits me to have only 5 cameras and 7 day recording.

I don't uderstand this limitation.  I even have a US Credit Card and billing address and still the system does not allow me to Subscribe.

Please add more countries! All the countries!

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AlexCan,

More countries will be included for subscription plan availability in the future. For more information, see here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

JamesC

azriaziz
Tutor
Tutor
Ive invested heavilt into arlo and only after purchasing realised that only 5 cams are supoorted without cvr.

You should state it clearly to potential shoppers what countries are supported instead of hiding this 2014 post link on the forums for no one to see.
MBG1951
Guide
Guide

I am looking at buying a 5 camera system to use at my place in Costa Rica.  If I understand correctly, I do not have to subscribe, but will I be able to remotely receive notices of motion or audio events, and see pictures or video clips with the free service?  Also, are there plans that I can subscribe to in Costa Rica.  Depending on the answer, I may check out the system here in the US/Virginia first, before I take it to Costa Rica.  Any information or adivce would be greatley appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The system will work fine in Costa Rica on the basic, free plan. If you want to use extra features, set the system up first in the US and subscribe to those features using a U credit card. Then move the system and it will continue to work as if in the US.

Vivekaretana
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello everyone, i want to buy more than 7 camaras and be able to store more than 7 days in the Cloud, and want my carama to work with Alexa. Seems this camara meets it all, the issue is that I live in Costa Rica. Have someone tried to do the setup using an USA vpn, to try to "fake" being in the USA and being able to register accordingly? Register to get all the features not available in Costa Rica?
Deef82
Aspirant
Aspirant

have you find answer if connect to US VPN , i can subscribe and upgrade my plan

Alkitran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same case for me in Mexico, Did you try the VPN? Did it work?