Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Model vmb 3000 netgear - two green lights light up but I cannot get the system to find it

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mitchnay
Tutor
Tutor

I am trying to use my older netgear base station vmb3000, two green lights light up but I cannot get the system to find it.  It says offline but the two green lights are on, I have not used it in a year or so.  Do I need to buy anything? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mitchnay
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you so much for your help, 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First we need to know WHICH 2 green LEDs are lit - they should be power and Internet. Next, was this ever in use before? If so, was it properly removed from your account before storing it away? You can try holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber, let it reboot and try claiming it again.

mitchnay
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your help jguerdat.  One light is the power and the second light is the internet both are green.  I did use it with older netgear cameras, I stopped using it about a year or so ago.  I left it plugged in and didn't use it any longer, I unplugged it a couple days ago and put it away.  I didn't know I was supposed to remove it from my account so I never did that. I did reset the base station.  When I use my cell phone to set up the base station it said it was updated, but after I try to add it I get a failed notice that says I need to update the base station.  Really confused, danka for any help         

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the base still show up in Settings, My Devices? If so, remove it. Having reset the base forces the issue - it must be removed to be found again. 

Once thing that concerns me - you have a VMB3000 but posted in the Pro 4 section. If you want to add Pro 4 cameras to this base, it won't work:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

mitchnay
Tutor
Tutor

Danka again for your help.  I bought netgear cameras and base station vmb3000 around 2 years ago, maybe longer.  I recently bought the pro4 cameras, so you are saying my base station and cameras won't work with it.  Any idea what I need to do or buy to make it work.  By the way I was stationed in Germany from 1987-1990, when the Berlin wall came down.  Such a beautiful country I was stationed in Baumholder

mitchnay
Tutor
Tutor

I responded to your reply on Aspirant's post sorry.  Any way thanks for your help, I do have the vmb 3000 base station it came together as a system with the older cameras I bought two or three years ago.  You are saying it will not work with the new pro4 cameras I bought?  Can you tell me what I need to purchase or do the make everything work ?  Once again Danka PS I was stationed in Baumholder Germany from 1987-1990 when the Berlin wall came down.  Germany is such a beautiful country 

mitchnay
Tutor
Tutor

I hope you are getting my replies, when I review the message it seems to be on a different persons posts

mitchnay
Tutor
Tutor

Boy am I a dummy, I think my status is Aspirant not a different person.  I sure feel dumb right now lol 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mitchnay wrote:

I do have the vmb 3000 base station it came together as a system with the older cameras I bought two or three years ago.  You are saying it will not work with the new pro4 cameras I bought?  

Correct.  But you can directly connect the Pro 4 to your home wifi.

mitchnay
Tutor
Tutor

I don't know how to connect the cameras to wifi without a smart base station.  I don't have any instructions.  I ordered a vmb4540 base station, I hope that will take of my connection issues.  Thanks for your help 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The VMB4540 will potentially help a lot. However, the Pro 4 is added to your WiFi by simply selecting the Pro 4 choice when first onboarding the camera. If a suitable base or hub is found you will see a choice between connecting the camera to either the hub or your WiFi. All directions will be presented as you start the onboarding process.

mitchnay
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you so much for your help, 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mitchnay wrote:

I don't know how to connect the cameras to wifi without a smart base station. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062514/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-device-directly-to-a-WiFi-router

mitchnay
Tutor
Tutor

I was able to download a user manual and was able to get the cameras working.  Thanks for all your help