Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Model VMS3230C, How do I record continuous video?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
SixSigmaGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Security Cameras
Model: VMS3230C
Base Station:
     HW Version: VMB301r2
     Serial Number: 48946B7NB21EB
     Firmware: 1.8.8.0_115281
Camera1:
     HW Version: H11
     Serial #: 4WA16B709A678
     Firmware: 1.2.10342
Camera2:
     HW Version: H11
     Serial #: 4WA16B7N958B4
     Firmware: 1.2.10342

I purchased the Arlo 2 Camera HD Security System yesterday for my boat.  I'm encountered several concerns and will address each in a separate post.  In this post, I want to know how to record continuous video, rather than just on motion detection.  The software seems to prevent me from doing that.  Is there a way to do that?  The system is worthless to me unless I can.  Seems like that should be an automatic function already built into the system, but Arlo has prevented us from utilizing it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manfredz
Hero
Hero

You can manually record for up to 30 min before recording times out.  No continuous recording.

Battery operated cams just aren;t designed for continuous recording.

With the Arlo, if you were to manually repeatedly start 30 min recordings, your batteries would be dead in 8-12 hours

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
manfredz
Hero
Hero

You can manually record for up to 30 min before recording times out.  No continuous recording.

Battery operated cams just aren;t designed for continuous recording.

With the Arlo, if you were to manually repeatedly start 30 min recordings, your batteries would be dead in 8-12 hours

SixSigmaGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!  Must say that I'm pretty disappointed in this product and the company. 😞  I wish they would have said something about this on the box.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

I think you've got it backwards.

Looks like you bought a system without any research, a system totally unsuitable to your needs , and now are complaining you cant get it to do things it wasn't designed for