Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Model VMB3000 Netgear Arlo Base Station Won't Be Discovered

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lazarus1954
Follower
Follower

NETGEAR BASE STATION VMB 3000 Can anyone help me in regards to my base station isn`t being discovered and I have did a factory reset already 4 to 5 times trying to get the base station to be discovered . The issue started when our linksys router had to be reset and programed and my arlo system went down so I deployed a factory reset protocol . Nothing happened except arlo keeps telling me to initiate a factory reset or try again . I have been trying to contact arlo and their phones are constantly busy and I am frustrated ! We have used this system for years with great success yet there are times the system has stop functioning and I have always been able to contact arlo and get help until about 3 years ago I start noticing great difficulty in being able to contact a LIVE HUMAN VOICE . Respectfully Gary (aka) Lazarus1954

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

The problem is probably in your router settings/setup and/or port blocking with the router. Make sure that ports, 80, 123 and 443 are open. Many routers block some of these ports by default. Check with your ISP.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showig? The power and Internet LEDs must be green. The Camera LED should be off or amber, meaning the base needs to be claimed.

What have you tried, in full detail? What do you see? When you "reset", did you remove all devices in Settings, My Devices? Did you hold the reset button until the LEDs flashed amber?

Sharky4me
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sharky4me
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I reset port

Sharky4me
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is isp

brh
Master
Master

@Lazarus1954@Sharky4me,

ISP is your Internet Service Provider or the company that provides your internet. As far as opening ports and changing settings, that will be entirely dependent on your router. If you can't figure out how to change them call the ISP and talk to their technical support.

Brian