Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

The mode tab won't appear on our Android apps any more. The only tabs visible are now Devices and Library.

The Mode tab worked yesterday for me (Google Pixel 2), and for my wife this morning (Google Nexus 5).

I can log into https://arlo.netgear.com/#/modes and change the modes.

I have restarted my base station, and reinstalled the app. Why would the modes disappear during the day without us changing anything? Is this another server issue at your end? We've had this problem before with an Arlo outage causing hours of confusion, and no notification of downtime.

364 REPLIES 364
BigHero6
Initiate
Initiate

I've noticed, the modes in my schedule, on my Android App, will randomly disappear.  When there isn't a mode defined for a period of time (when the base is set to run on "schedule mode"), the system will disarm.  I usually discover this when I leave my house, passing by my front door camera which should be armed, according to the schedule, and not receiving a push notification.  When I check the app, the system is "disarmed" because the schedule is blank.  If I log into the browser, my schedule is complete, and it shows the system is "armed."  Anyone else confused yet?  Recap: On the Android App, schedule is blank and system shows "disarmed."  On the browser, schedule is full and system shows "armed."  

Obviously, (to me) the Android App settings override the browser settings.  Why aren't they the same, if I'm logging into the same account?  Why are my modes missing from my schedule on my Android App, but not on the browser?  

I don't want to leave my home knowing that it's covered by an "armed" system, only to find out my schedule was mysteriously altered while I was away and the system "disarmed" itself.  

The only reassurance I have is to periodically recheck my Android App to make sure my schedule hasn't mysteriously been changed / deleted.  Constantly checking the schedule / system is getting old & annoying.  For the price I paid, I don't think I should have to do that.

veener79
Luminary
Luminary
Well after over a week of it fixed the issue came back again this morning. 😞
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary
New online case (#40083030) has been created to day! "VMB4000 - - I refer to previous issues about this issue - things that are no longer available to me. After over a month, it is still not possible to change the mode via the internet browser. It's also not possible in the app without doing any extra measures ... Now i lose rules from mode; Camera disappears from mode and I can not add it again. There is no menu to add rule. I have a lot of camera and have paid for a subscription. It can not be Netgear worthy to not fix this problem?" Do you still experience that this is not alright? Has something happened in apps or browsers that can be returned to a possible fix? What is the status around? As you can see, I still have the same issues with the modes I've had all the time - and I lose rules - they just disappear without I notice it. Just by chance check ...

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary
New support case to day too... "- I can't replay to my support cases when there are no cases in "My support". How will this end??

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

Aswers to two support cases:

1. What do you mean by "it is still not possible to change the browser mode via the internet"?

Me: As I referred to in the new case 40083143 - which you have deleted by the way - a printing error occurred in case 40083030. The new text was: "After over a month, it is still not possible to change the mode via the internet browser". At all, no browser solution is usable now; does not get live recording, may not change mode. (using FireFox and IE).

2. Actually, I can check here that you cameras are working with your modes, for you to see the rules of the cameras in your mode, please refer to the step below:
--Log-in to Arlo > Mode > Select a device/base station> Click the pencil or ">" icon on the mode you have set > Then you can see the rules for every camera, then you can change the settings.

Me: Why do all the support think that everyone who submits a case is noiser? I have had Arlo for over 3 years, and I feel very updatet to computing.

3. If you desire to add a rule, you must add custom mode, you may refer to the steps below to add a new mode:

https://kb.arlo.com/1019331/How-do-I-create-a-mode-with-different-rules-for-each-Arlo-Wire-Free-or-A...

Me: In browser, I can not add a rule because there is no menu button there. See picture attachments 1 and 2.

Not posible new rule 2.PNGNot posible new rule.PNG

Me: In the app, Geofencing is no longer possible - the option is gone:Screenshot_20180620-072834_Arlo.jpg

Besides, the camera I've added in a mode disappears.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary
YES!! Something has happend!! It seems to work now! Or...?

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

The base station field trial firmware to address issues with modes and schedules has completed with successful results, and we are releasing it to production. For more information, see our announcement.

SPDIF
Star
Star

Upgraded Basstation software, Still No Mode in apps on surfpads and phones!!

Did a Basestation reset, uninstalled an reinstalled app, STILL NO MODE!

After about on hour the app logs off automatically, it takes for ever to log in again!

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary
Now: Once you have created a new rule in a mode and pressed "Save" it is no longer possible to edit the rule; eg. Can not add a new camera.

SPDIF
Star
Star

Yesterday the Mode settings appeared in my Android units, finally!

I am very grateful for that the talented and hard working people at Netgear support managed to fix the problem. And so quick!

It´s only been about one month and a half since the mode setting disappeared. I mean 1,5 month could have been critical if Netgear had sold and supported the Arlo system as a security product instead of the toy they seem to think it is!

madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

@SPDIF wrote:

Yesterday the Mode settings appeared in my Android units, finally!

I am very grateful for that the talented and hard working people at Netgear support managed to fix the problem. And so quick!

It´s only been about one month and a half since the mode setting disappeared. I mean 1,5 month could have been critical if Netgear had sold and supported the Arlo system as a security product instead of the toy they seem to think it is!

You forgot the "sarcasm /sarcasm" quotes.

I know how you feel, it is a **bleep**ing joke as far as "security" goes.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary
Now the app crashes when I tap the Mode tab..... For so long it was happiness.

Waidkm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any solutions on how to gain access to the mode settings when using the app on Android? Checked the iPhone app and no issues so not entirely sure why this isn't getting fixed for Android users.
Erio
Aspirant
Aspirant

After several advises, Reboot and other tips, It doesn't work yet. Mode disappered and I can just connect to cams manually. Did you get any real solution or better to throw this Cams and base station in the rubbish? Thanks

Rgds

SPDIF
Star
Star

@Erio wrote:

After several advises, Reboot and other tips, It doesn't work yet. Mode disappered and I can just connect to cams manually. Did you get any real solution or better to throw this Cams and base station in the rubbish? Thanks

Rgds

It took about two months for the mode button to return on my Android devices.

Since then I have other problems with the app, it keeps logging off and have to be restarted frequently.

And another base station stopped working, had to be replaced.

Recently two cameras malfunctioned, one went completely dead, the other worked for a couple of minutes, then started to loose colour and finally the view was distorted and it stopped working. Got no answer from Netgear HQ support on emails but the local support was very helpful when I managed to contact them by telephone.  It took me about 1,5 week to get both cameras replaced, can´t complain on that speed!

Up to now I have had one net adapter replaced, two base stations and a total of three cameras. Worst junk ever, worst software support ever!