Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode per camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lseufer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is my issue. I have 2 Arlo Pro 2 and one base station. 

I have one camera monitoring my frontyard and one monitoring my backyard. Logically I would like that when the system is armed, each camera notify me of any motion detected and record said motion. However it seems that I can only have one camera acting as a trigger for the whole mode.

The only option I found is the one for cross triggering which in my case is useless as I don't want my backyard camera to record because there was a motion detected in the frontyard and vice versa.

Is there any way to accomplish that?

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@lseufer

When you initially add the cameras to your system, the following rules are created by the app:

If Camera A detects motion then Camera A should trigger.

If Camera B detects motion then Camera B should trigger.

Someone must have edited the Rules. On the Edit page, you will notice a Dropdown box indicated by a down arrow that allows you to choose the camera to record when motion is detected by a camera. Possibly you selected the dropdown box by mistake and chose the wrong camera.

Brian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@lseufer

Check your Rules. They should be:

Brian

lseufer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Brian but that would be what I want to accomplish but I can only have one triggering device per mode, every rule within a mode will be based on the same device.

If you know how to bypass that limitation it would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Luc

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If I understand correctly, you need to re-edit the mode to add additional rules to the mode. When you first create a mode, only one rule is set up so save and re-edit.

lseufer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @jguerdat but the only additional rules I can add are all based on the same triggering camera, I can't select the other one.

What I want to achieve is quite simple: if Camera frontyard detect motion then reccord video on camera frontyard and send me a notification + if Camera backyard detect motion then reccord video on camera backyard and send me a notification.

I don't need/want the camera to interact between each other they are in the same house but not at the same place there is no reason for any interaction. 

Thanks.

brh
Master
Master

@lseufer

When you initially add the cameras to your system, the following rules are created by the app:

Someone must have edited the Rules. On the Edit page, you will notice a Dropdown box indicated by a down arrow that allows you to choose the camera to record when motion is detected by a camera. Possibly you selected the dropdown box by mistake and chose the wrong camera.

Brian